Lian Li V354b Build :)

Don
Hey,

I got mine love it :D I have an SSD, 2 x F3s (RAID 0) - 500Gb, and 3 x Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB (RAID 5) attached to a Dell PERC5i card :D

I need some advice on what CPU cooler to get.... any ideas??

Stelly

Associate
I need some advice on what CPU cooler to get.... any ideas?

Prolimatech Samuel 17,Thermalright AXP-140,Scythe Shuriken and the H50 are all good for cases where the psu sits over the board like this.

As I assume you're using all the drive bays you can fit the H50 by drilling some more holes to mount it further into the case where the rear 120mm fan mount is,it's quick and easy to do.

Associate
Only just found this thread.

Should have my 354b delivered this week. From seeing those photos not sure if I've made the right decision but time will tell I guess!

Only going to be using it as a htpc, although a fairly big one lol!

Will post some of my own pics up when it arrives.

Cheers
Mark

Soldato
240 Rad on the front would be no problem, the position of the 140 fan might might make it a tight fit with the motherboard and any large caps, would need a slim fan for sure.

I'm away from home at the moment but will give a measurement soon as Im home Wednesday.

Associate
240 Rad on the front would be no problem, the position of the 140 fan might might make it a tight fit with the motherboard and any large caps, would need a slim fan for sure.

I'm away from home at the moment but will give a measurement soon as Im home Wednesday.

I'd forget the 140mm,it's too tight.

2x120mm Ek coolstream rads will go in the front on their sides with the drive bays gone and some Optical drive bay trimming.(these are the only 120mm rads you can do this with in this case)

You can still use the optical drive bay doing it this way,if you go for a straight up 240mm rad you lose the the whole bay.

Doing this allowed me to install a Lian-li EX-533b and use a slimline optical bluray drive with a 3.5" drive sat underneath it.
My ssd is using one of the mounts in the floor of the case.

If you still want more rad power the best option is to use another 120mm in the rear fan mount,you'd have to drill more holes further into the case to get the rad mounted further in and allow the case side to go back on.

In all honesty with SB setups running so cool 2 rads is overkill anyhoo,you could get similar temps with a H60/H70 and save yourself a load of hassle.

Soldato
OP

240mm rad wouldnt fit from what I remember because of the optical bay cage, you would have to cut some of that away to fit and then the dvd drive might not fit? 2 x 120mm rads sideways mounted would fit from what i remember

Associate
thank you bradmax57 definately given me a lot to think about my next build, :)

how much did this build cost altogether roughly?

Associate
I've finally got my v354b case.

Blue fans are shocking although fairly quiet.

Side screws are an absolute P.I.T.A

Apart from that its a decent case although with little hope for any cable management!!

Soldato
Well got my machine working this week.

2500k @ 4.7Ghz (Akasa Viper Fan, not got round to fitting second yet)
Asus P8P67-M PRO 0708
4GB Corsair
Seasonic X-760W
ATI 5870
Lian Li V354B
Antec Khuler 620
OCZ SSD Vortex 2

Overclocking my chip using a multiplier of 47 and changed VCCIO volt to 1.05v and PCH to 1.05v, this was a first attempt and it was prime95 stable and idles at 21C and on fullload 53/54C... that will do more, I could tweak it more but it would take hours and I cba for 100-300mhz :)

Soldato
Anyone know if an H50/H60 can be fitted WITH the drive bays ALL in place? I assume it might need a slim fan fitting to happen but can anyone confirm or measure the space from case front to HDD cage?

Thanks

Associate
Anyone know if an H50/H60 can be fitted WITH the drive bays ALL in place? I assume it might need a slim fan fitting to happen but can anyone confirm or measure the space from case front to HDD cage?

Thanks

No idea about the front with the drive bays in.
It will however go in the rear 120mm,but you will have to drill new holes to get it further inside the case to allow the side panel to go back on.

Back
Top Bottom