LiE's Log Part 2

Soldato
That will be why you think your left leg is massively weaker, next time start with your left leg, and you will realise that it's not that much weaker. I did the same on Friday, second set I started on my left leg and everything felt much better.

Soldato
There pretty tough mate, don't underestimate them, I still have doms from mine on Friday! And it makes a pretty big difference doing your weaker leg first. If you had a serious deficit between one leg and another you would have noticed it already on other exercises.

Man of Honour
That will be why you think your left leg is massively weaker, next time start with your left leg, and you will realise that it's not that much weaker. I did the same on Friday, second set I started on my left leg and everything felt much better.
It really won't!

The weakness won't just be the left leg, it's the entire system of generating and delivering force unilaterally on the left leg. So think core, glutes, all of leg, proprioception, blah blah blah.

KD, start light! They are a very humbling exercise. Do them right and they'll turn you into a super hero.

Soldato
It really won't!

The weakness won't just be the left leg, it's the entire system of generating and delivering force unilaterally on the left leg. So think core, glutes, all of leg, proprioception, blah blah blah.

KD, start light! They are a very humbling exercise. Do them right and they'll turn you into a super hero.

if you start with your dominate side in any exercises it is only going pre exhaust the weaker side and make the weakness even more apparent. When doing an exercise you dont normally do or are not used to, this difference can be magnified again!

I am not saying he is not weaker in the left leg, i am advising that the difference is probably so small that it doesnt need focusing on, otherwise a larger difference would have already surfaced during other exercise.

Man of Honour
I am not saying he is not weaker in the left leg, i am advising that the difference is probably so small that it doesnt need focusing on, otherwise a larger difference would have already surfaced during other exercise.
With respect mate, you're wrong :p based on
A) its extremely common
B) lie would be able to identify it
C) there is asymmetry in his squat

Lie, fix it by doing BSS until the weakness is gone :)

Soldato
Surely not during single leg work?

Thats like saying curling with your right bicep makes your left bicep weaker :p

your still using both legs in the exercise, a lot of stabilisation/control is from the back leg.

Its like bicep curls with your right hand and using your left to assist the lift, then switching to left and assuming its going to be fresh.

With respect mate, you're wrong :p based on
A) its extremely common
B) lie would be able to identify it
C) there is asymmetry in his squat

Fair enough.

Soldato
I'm aware of how BGS's work, I had to do them for 3/4 months when I was nursing my back :p

then why try and counter my point about them actually having quite an impact on the off leg with a comparison to bicep curls? you, of all people, should know how tasking they are :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
That's what im doing with my Squats at the moment, although Im not even attempting to touch the deficit ones just yet :p

Deficit BSS are the true test of manliness. So much so that I can't do them at the moment. (angry face).

They're actually my favourite lift behind the two Olympic ones, because they're just so beastly.

Back
Top Bottom