LiE's Log Part 2

• Thread starter Thread starter LiE
  • Start date Start date
Keep me posted. Are you in Oxford?

I'd like to do a mock meet perhaps next week would be a good time, as I'm off work for a bit so training may be abit over the place. Just need to see if Syla5 can come and shout at me.

What are the commands for each lift?
Yes, at the Oxford University Sports Centre.

Squat:
Unrack in your own time.

Set up in your stance, the judge will wait until you are stationary.

"Start"

You then complete your squat. The judge will wait until you are stationary at the top of the rep.

"Rack"

Bench:
Unrack in your own time, or count the spotters in.

Get set at the top of the rep, the judge will wait until you are stationary, your head is down, your arse is on the bench and your feet are flat (all of these things can't move until the "rack" command).

"Start"

Lower the bar to your chest, the judge will wait until the bar is stationary.

"Press"

Complete the rep, the judge will wait until you are fully locked out and the bar is under control.

"Rack"

Only after this can you rack the bar.

Deadlift:
"Start" is kind of implied as soon as you approach the bar.

Get to the top of the rep, the judge will wait until you are fully locked out at both hip and knee.

"Down"

Keep your hands on the bar until it's on the floor.

They've never invited me :(
False!

I asked you ages ago and you didn't respond.

Pls.

Yes, at the Oxford University Sports Centre.
The only problem is that our sessions will be completely chalk and cheese. You'll have finished before I'm done rolling on my snapped up hamstring :D

Let's do it, you can just stare at my glutes when you're done.

FYI it can get a little cold, which has just reminded me that I need to dig out my under armour to show off my deep cuts tonight...

Edit: fuark it's going to be crowded! :cool:

Ha ha.

I am muy excite for this, it sounds like it'll be an awesome day :D.

There is a decent amount of parking at the gym and there is also a good amount of food places across the road :cool:.

Happy to shout at you mate, just give me a heads up. I would like to come down and see ice and Dom at some point, really want to just establish the correct form for my deadlifts to be honest.

I'm up for a meet.

Tonight I spent some time working on my squats and just making sure I'm happy with my setup and form. I also wore the converse, which I found to be fine.

Squat
60x10
80x8
100x6
120x4
140x3
140x6 - these felt really good, the movement becoming a lot more 2nd nature now.
140x3 - felt even better.
160x1 - easy, did a little pause at the bottom and blasted out of the hole.
180x1 - comfy
100x10 - legs were dying by this point, all the tightness that has built up over the weeks coming in.

I decided to do some soft tissue work on my quads/knees and stretch out my legs, they were pretty tight. I think squatting twice a week is taking it's toll, along with all the other heavy lifting.

CGBP - a little something as I had some energy left after stretching
50x10
70x8
100x8

I'm planning to take a deload next week then start a program the week after. My body is telling me to ease off a little.

A mini meet? Sounds good! Obviously we'd have to be careful with numbers, the actual gym is tiny. People coming on the train can be picked up easily from station.

Does anyone have any weekends that they can't do?

Back
Top Bottom