LiE's Log Part 2

Soldato
You could widen your grip a little for squats, this should put less stress on them. I think my grip may be an inch or so wider then yours from just watching some vids back to back.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
It does help a little but whatever is blocking me from getting into the position comfortably is still a big restriction.

Steedie I'll have to see. If I do come I'd probably just go through my shoulder stuff with ice to see if we can unlock some range.

Soldato
Just checked some of ice's vids, your grip is about 3-4 inches further in on each side! I would say this is going a long way towards your pain, and creating a block that would possibly not be there with a wider grip.

Associate
I prefer a slightly narrower grip than ice because I just find it easy to get tension in my upper back that way. It doesn't actually make any real difference to my squats however

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I'm determined to improved my shoulder mobility. I'm hitting the scap, posterior/anterior delt, pec minor, lats and the neck tissue that connects into my scap. Hopefully I should see some improvement if I keep hitting them.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Lots of mobility today. Definitely the external shoulder rotation holding back a good arm position on the squats. Syla5 noted that I don't have my elbows far back, which I can't get past right now. Will keep working on the stretches and soft tissue stuff to see if I can slowly recover some range.

Also did some light squats to see how my hip felt. It's almost there, worked up to 100kg for a couple of sets and it was a little achy right at the end. I'll roll it some more and do some more light stuff next week and hopefully I can get back on track.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Switching CBL (carb back load) diet to give it ago. Hoping to it will help strength, decrease fat and add a little muscle. Today will be a carb free day followed by training and back loading tomorrow.

Soldato
Switching CBL (carb back load) diet to give it ago. Hoping to it will help strength, decrease fat and add a little muscle. Today will be a carb free day followed by training and back loading tomorrow.

Been reading the ebook myself and on some of the stuff, looks interesting. Although I train fasted, so my protocol would be a bit different (carb up the night before etc). My current diet is relatively low carb anyway (probably around 50g most days).

Keep us updated :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Here's the diet I'm starting with.

Training
8am Decaf Coffee + 10g whey isolate + 5g coconut oil
10.30am Chicken salad + 25g almonds
1pm Beef Burger with cheese + Spinach + 25g almonds
3pm 40g whey
pre-workout 10g whey isolate + 1g coconut oil + 5g creatine
5pm Training
6.45pm Post workout shake (40g dextrose + 20g whey isolate + 15g hydro whey + 3g leucine + 20g whey concentrate)
7.45pm High Carb Dinner + dessert + 5g leucine + 10g hydro
before bed 30g whey

non-training
8am Decaf Coffee + 10g whey isolate + 5g coconut oil
10am Chicken salad + 25g almonds
12pm Beef Burger with cheese + Spinach + 25g almonds
3pm 40g whey + 5g creatine
7pm low carb dinner
9pm Cottage cheese

I'll post up some pics of the food later. I don't have the coconut oil, isolate or hydro whey yet, should be here in a few days.

Weight this morning after yesterdays no carbs is 81.4kg/187.4lbs :eek:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Diet looks solid mate,

Quick question though, with your post workout shake, any reason you're going for the concentrate as well? 35g of whey coming from Hydro and Isolate would be plenty, especially given the carbs and the Leucine in there too.

The concentrate will digest just as quickly, or thereabouts as the isolate, if you want a multi-stage release protein, I'd replace the concentrate with a casein protein. Just a suggestion though :)

Back
Top Bottom