LiE's Log Part 2

Soldato
Hexplates at DW, uncomfortable, unstable benches at pure. Pretty much going to be compromised at any commercial place around here really so a home gym is best really.

I have the space for my own, but it's not quite clean/watertight enough, and I am airing on fundage to sort those bits out before I invest in equipment myself :)

Also means that chains can be brought, and alternative bars etc good call I say.....summer training round yours LiE :D

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Sub par equipment and lack of a gym in the area that has everything I need.

Edit: Syla5 hit the nail on the head. Chains need to be bought for sure.

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Sub par equipment and lack of a gym in the area that has everything I need.

Edit: Syla5 hit the nail on the head. Chains need to be bought for sure.

Honestly mate - you are not far from me and I have a set of chains that are just sitting in my garage. If you want to borrow for an undisclosed period then let me know.

Man of Honour
I HATE having to deal with different benches. It seems to be the most inconsistent thing between gyms (taking into account that I ignore gyms without a rack of some sort).

The one at comp is lovely :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
That's good to hear. I pulled a bench into the rack to try and bench in there but that was bad too. I had to half press the weight to unrack or it was too high. FML lol. Literally just got up and left the gym. Never again.

Soldato
The flat BB Bench at one of my gyms is awful. My shoulder blade sits off the edge on one side, and on the bench on the other. Granted I've got massive shoulder blades but it makes balancing a pain!

Caporegime
Planning to put together a home gym in my parents garage in the next month or so. Fed up with the commercial gyms round here.

Least Pure has a squat rack lol, nothing near me has a squat rack other than the Uni gym and I'm not allowed to use that!

Hexplates at DW, uncomfortable, unstable benches at pure. Pretty much going to be compromised at any commercial place around here really so a home gym is best really.

Unstable? Not had that yet personally :) That was incline DB benching.

Terrible. The bench was slippery, narrow and I couldn't get any stability. Sacked it off and going to my old gym tomorrow to do it.

:D Sucks mate. As I said, I had to whack chalk on my back yesterday, I think it's the stupid logo wrap thing they put on the bench that makes it extra slippery.

That's good to hear. I pulled a bench into the rack to try and bench in there but that was bad too. I had to half press the weight to unrack or it was too high. FML lol. Literally just got up and left the gym. Never again.

Same as kiss :o At least you can just cancel the contract, if you do it early enough you might get the refund as well.

Back
Top Bottom