LiE's Log Part 2

Man of Honour
I think you're doing it the right way.

First comps are not about smashing PBs and getting a huge total.

Remember, every lift is a comp PB, which is really all that counts.

I was advised to get 9 good lifts for my first comp, and I think that's what I'd recommend.

Also, listen to what I say now rather than on comp day. When I'm fired up there is a serious danger that I'll suggest being much more aggressive with your numbers :D Dom will be no better either!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
The 3rd lift is basically my current PB, which I've done in my gym and on separate days. Took me 2 attempts to nail 200 at the mock meet on squat, and I'll only have 1 try at the comp. However, the 195 that I did this week was comfy.

I'll see how my openers go on Monday.

Caporegime
Yeah, all depends on how you feel on the day i guess? Or do you need to give numbwrs beforehand? Are you training at a different time than usual for the conp? May change things :)

Man of Honour
From seeing your lifts recently I'd say your lifts look safe enough. It's one thing to be slightly conservative, but you wouldn't want to miss too much.

I haven't seen your benching actually, but I think you should trust your judgement.

Either way, we can talk about it on the day and make adjustments.

Soldato
From seeing your lifts recently I'd say your lifts look safe enough. It's one thing to be slightly conservative, but you wouldn't want to miss too much.

I haven't seen your benching actually, but I think you should trust your judgement.

Don't do it LiE, it's a trap! :p

Also, listen to what I say now rather than on comp day. When I'm fired up there is a serious danger that I'll suggest being much more aggressive with your numbers :D Dom will be no better either!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP

Sounds good. I'll get a video of my lifts on Monday.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
All 3 main lifts tonight up to my opener weight for a single and as prescribed by ice, no psyching up aloud :(:p

Started off with lacrosse ball in the knee area and quad/TFL foam rolling (this makes a big difference when squatting). I then did shoulder and pec stretching as usual.

Squat - made sure not to look in the mirror.
BARxlots
60x10
80x6
100x3
120x1
140x1
160x1
170x1 - easy.

Bench - had to share the bench so this took longer than I liked
40x10
60x6
80x3
100x3
120x1
140x1 - no drama.

Deadlift
70x8 (RDL)
100x5
120x2
150x2
180x1
220x1 - jumped to this as I didn't want to get tired.

Pretty happy with everything. Take a look at the video, it has all 3 lifts.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Last day of training tonight before the comp :)

Usual soft tissue and band work before training.

Squats - speed at 50%
Bar
60x8
100x3x3

Paused Bench
Bar
40x10
60x6
80x3
100x2
120x1
137.5x2 - no problems.