LiE's Log Part 2

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Deload tonight, and a paused bench PB - one of the grindiest reps known to man.

Paused Bench Press
BAR x lots x2
60x6
80x4
100x2
120x1
140x1
150x1 - breezed through this :)
157.5x1 - PB - Slow rep, felt nice and strong. Lots of psyche. Was happy with how this looked for a +2.5kg PB.
160x1 - PB - Wanted to see how this next milestone felt, it was ambitious after 157.5. Slowest, grindiest rep ever. My brother came in to spot but didn't actually spot luckily, as I managed to lock it out. Bloody hilarious to watch, 'I got it, I got it, ahhhhhhhh!'. No idea where these grunt gains are coming from.

Videos below.

on to some lighter volume work.

Normal Bench
90x12
90x12
90x20 - motherofgod pump.
CGBP
80x10 x2
Dips
BWx20,15

Rollouts SS Hanging leg raises
8(8), 6(7), 6(5)

Video.

Soldato
Hahahhaahahahahaha those grunts are hilarious, especially as you used to be pretty silent in the gym lol.

Nice gains I wonder what your touch and go would be now.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I did tell him, don't touch the bar unless I say, but I think he was worried I'd drop it on my face lol. I have since reminded him, but I am grateful he didn't assist.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Thanks Dom, I'm still feeling it today.

For those interested, this is my current diet which I run mon-fri. Weekends are more relaxed and carb centric. It doesn't include what I eat for dinner, which is normally something in the region of 450-500 cals.

- Low carbs until 13:00 meal.
- High in fats.

Non-training Days (Tue, Thur)
JSOS5XO.png

Training Days (Mon, Wed, Fri)
CeajGHE.png

Man of Honour
I don't think it will hurt mate :) I'm a big believer in getting some protein in before bed. Whether it's just a shake with some glutamine/added BCAAs with some fats, casein, or just something your body can use.

If you think about how we're constantly told our body is in it's most efficient state of repair while we sleep, surely it makes sense that you should help that with the amino acids you use the rest of the day. I get that some will see it as bro science, but I think as far as bro science goes, it's one of the more sensible theories, that's backed up by some strong logic :)

Soldato
what about everything you eat during the day, and evening, you dont think it magically gets used up before bed, and that the body suddenly switches to catabolism if you dont eat before bed??

I am not saying eating before bed wont help at all, but i think you have to much fear of catabolism, and just how qucikly it kicks in, and also how little it takes to turn it around.

For the top show BB'ers that are looking to hold as much mass as possible while on prep diets this will most likely make a difference, but for the rest of us, especially those with well planned non calorie restrictive diets, it becomes a moot point?

Back
Top Bottom