LiE's Log Part 2

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Easy training tonight, worked up to 120x2 and 130x2 paused bench. Very easy as expected, felt good. Followed up with some stretching and lacrosse ball in dem teddies.

I have a deep tissue massage booked for tomorrow to attack my back, all kinds of supple gains.

Man of Honour
I also have physio tomorrow.

Body, pls respond.

Edit: oh yeah, it turns out that I have a lot to do this weekend so can't come up for your comp, even with a delicious lift from Stoodles :(

Make sure that there are plenty of videos of you being crowned King of the Bench Monkeys.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Weight is going well, upon waking I've been between 82.5 and 82.8. Hoping with some strictness over the weekend I can come in at a good weight allowing for a solid breakfast before setting off for the comp.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Good deep massage tonight, was pretty gruesome up in the scapular. She commented on how my muscles were fighting back, gave her a good workout smashing them.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
;)

Lots of leg mobility tonight and another go at high bar squats, with some fronties thrown in.

Worked on controlling the bottom more to reduce butt tuck. Fronties are hard.

High Bar:

Front Squat

Comp on Sunday.

Man of Honour
Maybe, guess everyone is different, I know most people have to lean forward slightly. People doing more volume or for size especially, will lean forward slightly with their bum out a bit.

I have to do the cross arm method of holding the bar too (the non phaggot way), which most people seem to use, don't know if that would make a difference

Soldato
Maybe, guess everyone is different, I know most people have to lean forward slightly. People doing more volume or for size especially, will lean forward slightly with their bum out a bit.

I have to do the cross arm method of holding the bar too (the non phaggot way), which most people seem to use, don't know if that would make a difference

Possibly because they're using a weight that they can support somewhat with their arms? Heavy fronties you basically can't lean forward on because the bar just falls off you.

Also supple leopard power to clean grip the bar... I can't get a full grip on the bar but can get my elbows up and have a two-finger touching the bar sort of thing going on, but being a manlet my 'shelf' isn't very big and it's still an uncomfortable lift. One of those lifts where biomechanics and flexibility make a huge difference.

Man of Honour
Disregard this comment as I'm the last person you should get form advice from

But you almost look too upright on those front squats

Dude...

An ideal front squat is bolt upright, so your legs get the hammering - you shouldn't really be taking any weight with your back.

Also, stop being a pansy and do some chuffing mobility: cross-arm grip is for people too immobile to be athletic!

Back
Top Bottom