LiE's Log Part 2

Man of Honour
Btw - very nice fronties, LiE - sure, you're tucking, but you're going pretty deep (ahem).

Really get your knees wide to let your hips sit between your heels. :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Disregard this comment as I'm the last person you should get form advice from

But you almost look too upright on those front squats
Yes, disregard this advice as it's terrible.

But seriously, eaning forwards means you're using your back, so you might be able to cheat a few more reps out and overload fatigued legs. OR, make all of them upright and beruiful and your legs will get all of the stimulation they need.

Leaning forwards isn't some special bodybuilder way of getting more stimulus, it's just wrong.

LiE, strangely your fronties are vastly superior to your high bar squats! With your high bar, the bar is coming to far forwards of your centre of mass so there will be torque on your spine. This will rape you at higher weights. Chest up, hips forwards, knees even more out.

Very handsome fronties!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I'm hitting some tightness at the bottom of the high bar which is why I can't get more upright. Knees are out and as far forward as possible but I still feel a block.

Fronties felt great, really rape the core!

Man of Honour
More mobility needed then bud!

Try really focussing on breaking at the knee first and dropping slowly staying fully upright as long as you can.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
OK so tomorrow is bench press only comp and I've had to keep an eye on my weight this week. Stuck to only clean carbs and plenty of fats, and drinking a lot too. I've been weighing myself before and after bed and consistently loosing 1kg which is good. This morning I was 82.6kg which is about right. I'm hoping I can get a little carbs in the morning before weigh in then load up after. 100g oats and 30g whey with as little water as possible, depending on my weight tomorrow morning.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Interesting comp today, lots of take away from it.

Firstly I wasn't really competing against anyone in my class, which makes it less exciting but as you know I had set my sights on 160. I wasn't sure at what time I was lifting so popped to the toilet only to come back and find out that I'm in the first 'group' which starts in 15mins. We had a lot of lifters in the first group and the warm up area was busy, which meant I didn't get the best warm up possible, ended up doing 2 140 singles.

Due there being quite a lot of lifters it was a good 10 minutes from my last warm up set and my 150 opener. It was cold in the gym and nerves were creeping in. When it came to my turn I wasn't warm or focused enough, meaning I didn't smash the 150 like I should, bad lift.

I knew I had 160 in me so opted to go for this on my next lift. My turn came round again and the nerves were still there, lacking confidence from the previous lift doesn't help. Didn't have enough focus and brought the weight down too quick without enough tightness, didn't get too far off the chest before failing.

Determined to get 160 I focused hard on my 3rd lift. Took my time with my setup and ignored the surroundings. I took the bar down nice and slow and controlled, and gave it everything I had. It came up quick and the power came in full to complete the rep. It was given, but it wasn't the best rep and certainly not to national standard. I was so focused on getting the 160 that I didn't hear the press command. Also the judges mentioned my head is nearly off the end of the bench. My right arm dipping a little towards the end of the rep is new, possible just something on the day but will look into it.

Some things to work on to tidy up my comp lifting, but overall pleased I managed it in the end. Great experience gains were had, rather these issues come up now instead of nationals.

Lots of arm shaking which is annoying.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Them post comp training feels.

Squats
BARxlots x2
70x8
90x6
110x3
130x2
160x1
185x5 - PB - pretty damn good. A little slow but a tasty 5kg PB.
185x5 - raped by core fatigue! My god it was hard to keep position. Some grindy reps. Decided against a 3rd set which would have been similar.
130x10 - easy, time to increase these.

DBSS
15x10/10 x3

Front Squats
60x5 - fuuu core didn't want to play ball. Hard after DBSS.
50x10 - better, could focus on position without having my core cry for sweet release.
50x7 - topless videoed PB set.

Plate Press
Basically like a pallof press but with a plate, anti flexion goodness.
20x10, 20x9, 20x7

Rollouts (hanging leg raises)
10(8), 8(8), 8(6)

Back
Top Bottom