Lifetime ban for British Fortnite cheat

Soldato
Offline "trainers", etc. are technically hacks and generally not forbidden and some stuff like real time stat monitoring for MMO games are a bit of a grey area.

Hmm, can't imagine any hacks (by any definition, whether it's a .dll injection, memory reading or writing, etc) would be deemed as acceptable in any companies terms of service agreement, especially for a multiplayer game. Most of them even include macro usage these days as a terms of service violation.

Caporegime
Crying like a little girl over getting banned from a children's game? What the **** has happened to society?

he has 2 million subs on youtube and 600,000 on twitch thats millions in revenue. im sure most here would be a little tearful at the possibility of losing that income. hes aimbotted got banned. the real story now will be if the faze people get involved or the ban magically goes away.

Caporegime
According to the article two players who got caught cheating in a Pro tournament qualifier got a two week ban. In a Tournament. He played on public servers and gets a lifetime ban? Consistency much?

Besides, gives him a chance to go and try other games like Apex.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
According to the article two players who got caught cheating in a Pro tournament qualifier got a two week ban. In a Tournament. He played on public servers and gets a lifetime ban? Consistency much?

The pros were not using game altering hacks, they were working with the opposing team I believe. I'm not sure how that makes it better mind you, but from a safety point of view it isn't encouraging kids to the dark corners of the net to pay for hacks I guess, just good old-fashioned game throwing.

Break the rules, get banned. Simple really. Bit shady around any money put into that particular game account but that's the risk you take, especially if the platform supports a source of income, no sympathy there.

Associate

They were banned for two weeks because they were caught teaming with people in a professional tournament, which is also against the rules. I believe that a lifetime ban for using third party cheating software is the fair and justified course of action to take.

Soldato
Odd headline... some hacks aren't forbidden?
Riiiiight, sure.
He got what he deserved.

Dont forget this is the Daily Mail that bastion of Video Game Supporters who dont believe violence is caused by video games /S ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Such intelligent reporting :-

Fortnite is a game that originally launched as a disk back in July 2017 and was then turned into a free-to-download game by its developer, Epic Games, in September.

Last edited:
Soldato
So if you look in to it, it appears he did a "Let's try an aimbot" video, where the entire premise of the video was that he was using hacks in it. It's really difficult to hide when you're using them, so if he did use them again in the future it would be quite obvious and the account he was using would be binned. Although I appreciate cheating is cheating but it isn't like there was any deception going on here like there is with cheaters normally.

Indeed. It seems very similar to the incident that got Shroud banned from PUBG for a short while. Didn't he get into the flying car a cheater was using and rode around in the car as a passenger on a stream? He wasn't cheating per se, but got the boot for it nonetheless.

I know this guy was cheating but he was doing it very overtly. It wasn't a good idea for a video though, it essentially promotes cheating and how easy it is to do to his followers and subscribers.

Associate
No remorse for all the peoples games he no doubt ruined by cheating, purely remorse because he didn't realise how severe the ban would be... amazed people from FaZe (albeit his brother) are sticking up for the guy to be honest.

On a side note, growing up (going back about 20-25 years here...) my dad used to rent a church hall for the purposes of getting a extended group of friends together to play LAN games. Used to get about 20 people there. One guy tried to use cheats during one of the games at the event not aware the game (Master of Orion 2) gave notifications of cheats to everyone in the LAN game. He was not welcome again and I believe rather sternly ejected, I don't believe there was ever a "I didn't realise how severe it would be" conversation :D

Man of Honour
OP
I'm sure its the money he is most sad about, apparently he has amassed almost £2 million from his streaming, he makes £28,000 a month just from advertising.

Soldato
He's only a streamer, rather than a pro player isn't he? What's stopping him creating a new account and streaming Fortnite with the account name blocked on stream?
This has happened a lot in League of Legends and they catch the new accounts by tracing the games of those they play with or against, it's pretty much impossible to stream and not get found out. He's done.

Soldato
amazed people from FaZe (albeit his brother) are sticking up for the guy to be honest.

I quit online games long ago when it became apparent that the people that cheat sing in there own circle. When caught it was either a) everybody else is doing it. b) it's the developers fault.

That was years ago, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that his audience has no affiliation with consequence. They see themselves as victims. While citing the monies involved as more sane adults. id wager that his tears are more to do with losing his social platform.

Back
Top Bottom