Lifting for gainzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
If I'm fishing, what was MoNkeE doing when he had that outburst? Am I going to get the blame for the outburst he chose to have?

In addition to that, it's hardly unreasonable for me to want him to clarify what he was saying, am I not able to defend myself from personal attacks?

Something which in other areas of these forums is taken very seriously and is quickly moderated, but in this area gets ignored.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Video of bench press PB please :)

I wasn't sure I was going to get my 170 bench press, so I didn't bother.

I will definitely get Serge record it next time though.

Awwh bro, I'm sure you'll get over it in time.

Yeah, no that's not how this works. You've said I've made ridiculous claims, so go on, what's ridiculous about them?

I have nothing to get over, I'm curious to why you had a melt down and made pretend land claims that just aren't adding up, so go on, qualify.

Soldato
OP
You're saying it like you've actually got a choice to qualify it or not, when it's obvious you can't.

No surprises there then, so you've derped hard and just realised it. Awkward and embarrassing, but then you must be used to that already, right?

Soldato
OP
Some friendly advice from a don, and you continue to pick part people's posts and go looking for arguments when others have let things go. Stick to the logging dude it's what people come in here for.

Oh lawd, are you really blaming me for the way other people are acting?

Be serious, how do you expect I would respond to posts like MoNkeE's?

Why is it unreasonable for me to pick his posts apart when he's talking crap?

Soldato
OP
Well either way he's too busy polishing the royal rod to explain his thoughts so let's have some cake and move the **** on.

Do you think it's unreasonable for me to ask for an explanation for why he had that melt down? I'm finding it a bit bizarre how it seems I'm being blamed for stuff that I'm not doing.

I've got someone being confrontational towards me, and when I respond to defend myself I have people moaning at me and telling me to stop being confrontational. It's like it's opposite day all day every day at the moment.

Soldato
OP
Maybe I've assumed too much of some people, and I am expecting them to be more reasonable than they can manage. Ignoring them doesn't seem like that bad of a suggestion.

The reason I directed it at you is because you come across as very reasonable and level headed.

Soldato
OP
Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your view were a tight knit group in sa and that can make us come across as a bit off and we do like to go on the wind up sometimes but putting that all aside there's some very very knowledgeable people who are more than happy to put serious amounts of their own time into helping people when they see they are committed.

I can take wind ups, I like to wind up myself. I just noticed some weren't really on the wind up.

Now in all seriousness I'd actually quite like to see how your training goes because it's quite obvious you're naturally strong unlike a lot of us who have to work very hard for it and I'd to see you pushing some mental numbers once you've worked on the weaknesses in your form.

I can't help but feel some people's responses were influenced by what I've bolded.

But yeah, I tried squatting with a belt for the first time yesterday (2 in fact so that they'd fit...) and Serge noticed that my back was a lot more upright than usual, so one thing I'm going to work on is working on my core stability.

But yeah, thanks. :)

If you put as much effort into your training, taking onboard the advice and pushing yourself as you do in lots of pointless and mind-numbingly vacuous arguments on here, I reckon we'll see some rather impressive numbers from you. You're clearly naturally gifted strength wise. Sure, you're not as handsome as some others (*please note this is a joke before you dissect my post*), but it is clear you have a lot of natural talent.

I wouldn't say I've put effort in to the drama that's been going on, and speak for yourself, I'm clearly more good looking than the lot of you, have you seen my flowing mane of manly jungle man locks?

Acknowledging all the advice, feedback, and taking part in this community will undoubtedly see you achieve some impressive results. Bearing in mind that even the more experienced of us here often accept to take a step back and take advice from others (even people like icecold!).

Of course, the main issue for me was that some of things being said seemed disingenuous.

For a training log there isn't much training going on, but a lot a rhetoric and spoffle waffle (*please note again this was meant as a bit of a joke*). Lighten up, and just get on with your training (hopefully taking heed to what people have said).

You don't have to worry, I can take a joke, I'm usually the instigator of a lot of them. As for the lack of training, there is somewhat of a reason behind that (which is kinda related to the lack of structure too), I've been trying to right a bad sleeping pattern, whilst also trying to keep on top of lifting which means I'm nearly always training in a state of tiredness.

I tried training last night, I did a bit of bench press, to do a video just for LiE (170KG bench press video he asked for). I got it about half way up, and my strength was being sapped, so I was struggling to press it to lock out from half way up.

I tried squats, and they just felt horrible, I could feel myself being drained with each rep I did.

Look forward to helping you, getting involved and reading about your gainzzzz.

I'm gonna get a load of sleep, eat a load of food and take another go at it tomorrow, though it doesn't help that I've got a semi-cold.

It would be nice to see a more structured work out plan and more structured work outs. Also understanding your goals - just getting stronger or bigger/slimmer as well? STRUCTURE! This log is too sporadic.

Go forth and lift (but do so in a logical/ordered manner - to suit my OCD ;)).

My goals for the immediate future are just to work my way towards feeling healthier, no lethargic and tired so often (due to a poor sleeping pattern I've had for ages now).

I do want to cut down body fat, however I have already been doing that to some extent, as I've noticed quite a drop in that, despite the scales going up or staying roughly the same.

I did used to drink a lot of Lucozade, I still have it occasionally but very little. I'd say I've had a bottle once every 2 weeks maximum.

Now, I drink a lot of water (and my body tells me to drink more if I need it by way of muscle cramps if I'm not hydrated enough) or cordials

Another thing is eating, in that I don't eat enough often, I all too often go 12 hours plus without eating anything either due to the state of my sleeping, or just being lazy.

That aside, the food I do it typically is good nutritional food, and I like to cook, so I know what's going in to my food. When it comes to processed food, the only sort of stuff I tend to go near is pastas, noodles, sliced meats (salt beef/pastrami) and the occasional bowl of cereal (though I do have a guilty pleasure in chicken hot dogs now and again).

But my sort of ideal meals would be chicken/steak with rice and some vegetables. I could eat that sort of stuff all day errday.

This is one reason I'm looking forward to the summer, last summer, we'd do a few barbeques a week over at Serge's, which were some seriously good eats.

But yeah, this is all part of the actually taking it seriously that I'm talking about.

All sorts of the above, you're clearly a strong guy and with the help of some of the guys on here (espically Ice) you'd become an uber beast. Imbrace the knowledge, which is awesome on here and would either cost you a fortune or take years worth of searching for.

Soldato
OP
That's teetering towards being pretty arrogant.

I don't think that's it at all. You aren't THAT strong, particularly considering your bodyweight.

Also, I'm certainly not the one displaying arrogance. But seriously, why am I not surprised that that's the only part you responded to?

I never claimed to be "that" strong, the fact that you felt the need to mention it like that is a little suspect.

If I'm saying I want to take it seriously and make some proper strength gains, how is it that you think I think I'm "that" strong?

However, my point was that for some reason, some people seem extremely bitter to the extent of posting personal attacks, and then I get told to stop being confrontational when I defend myself.

I guess I'm going to be blamed once again for the confrontational post you've made, as I'm not allowed to respond to it, else I'm being petty and argumentative, right?

Soldato
OP
Oh come on, don't play dumb. Out of everything I said you chose to respond to that when you know full well I'm not professing to be ultra-strong, there'd be nothing for me to take seriously if I was arrogantly displaying my strength.

Soldato
OP
I don't think you are jealous, I didn't say that you are either. But to be blunt, people are posting confrontational stuff, then acting confused when I respond to it.

As I said, stop playing dumb, you've posted a number of inflammatory stuff.

"You are not a special snow flake"

"You seem to havesome natural affinity to strength training, but nothing remarkable."

"You aren't THAT strong, particularly considering your bodyweight."

These are all responses to things I haven't said, so I don't know why you're saying them. I simply expanding on what tom_e was saying.

I am not professing to be strong, and I've said this multiple times, but you keep responding with things about how I'm not that strong.

Also, you say people aren't responding badly, you have seen Monkee's posts right? It's like the epitome of bitterness, and surprise surprise I somehow managed to be blamed for that.

Soldato
OP
I don't expect anyone to walk on egg shells, it's just the constant "you're not THAT strong" when I haven't professed to be, that I find unnecessary, as it's a response to something I didn't say, and again why I said it was confrontational.

The only thing he decided to respond to out of everything I said was "But you're not THAT strong", it's coming across as picking for a reaction. I'm pretty sure I've already said "What do you expect, I DO weigh 150KG".

I am certainly chilled out, I just think people are trying to cover up snide comments with "Wat, I'm joking bro" or "You're reading in to it".

Soldato
OP
You're really not coming across as chilled out in the slightest. If you are then I would seek to change your writing style to attempt to convey a bit more of the serenity that you're feeling.

I brought this up before anyway, it's partly to do with written communication. I know I have a very formal writing style, it's just the way I prefer to write.

I'm not saying that people haven't made comments in the past. However, an admin has taken time to respond to this thread to try and help it along twice. Even if someone did want to push it they wouldn't do so now - and reading Icecold's latest posts myself I didn't read anything snide in it at all.

Of course, and I appreciate Freefaller's input, I'm just not sure how to interprate Icecold's choice to respond to what he did specifically, as anything but picking for a response, especially after the lack of drama in the last 10 or so posts. It just come across as him wanting to start the drama up again.

The bit that I'm finding tedious is that it's clear people have made petty comments, but it seems like most are wanting to blame me for the actions of others, and it's coming across as opposite land/ground hog day ish.

Soldato
OP
That's misconstruing what I'm saying though. It's clear that I'm not weak looking at the powerlifting tables, I think I'm within the top 5.

By people, I meant Monkee, I couldn't see any other reason for why he'd have such a melt down and claim everything I was saying was ridiculous, then refuse to actually qualify what he meant.

The impression I got was "you liar, you've been lifting for ages, stop pretending you haven't".

Soldato
OP
It is misconstruing it, because I can acknowledge that I'm naturally high starting point whilst not thinking I'm superman, as I said, it's kinda obvious and not much of a surprise due to how much I weigh.

Do you have any idea what his meltdown was over then?

As for whether it matters, I think it does otherwise we wouldn't have competitions or power lifting tables.

Soldato
OP
But, as I've asked you multiple times, why out of everything I said, was it that you chose to respond to, with a response to something I never actually said?

I knew I'd get the blame for the posts you're making, so I'm not surprised of course.

But it seems like a simple enough question for me to ask.

Soldato
OP
So you can acknowledge that you're strong but people cant say you aren't strong because you've not posted about it profusely?

Now you're just twisting what I'm saying. My point was that Monkee's comments smacked of "Your lifts seem quite high, you're lying about not having been into lifting much and taking it seriously".

The way I've been jumped on for things I haven't said, compared to the way no one's said anything to him for his melt down is just a bit odd.

Soldato
OP
What, why do you care so much?

Is Monkee responding? Does anyone else speak for him?

He refused to speak for himself, he should at least have something to say for himself after such an outburst.

However, the response afterwards from people was pretty much "stop picking and being confrontational".

I'm talking about your strength relative to the national standard, not a small group of lifters of whom only a small number train for strength and fewer still have actually participated in a powerlifting competition.

I'm not really sure what you mean.

I'm not saying you're weak either, just not strong to the extent that people would react badly out of jealousy.

But it was pointless to say because I didn't say that I'm so strong, people are getting jealous.

I've already said I am assuming he's claiming that I am lying and that he was being bitter about that.

He said all my claims were ridiculous, how would you interpret that if not "stop lying"?

You should know the way some people are, they don't like others having things that they themselves have had to work very hard for.

Soldato
OP
Firstly, I didn't even insinuate you'd been posting here for years as far as I can recall. Never remember you posting here before recently.

Yes, yes you did. Lawd at least have a grasp on the claims you're making before you make them and then call me a fantasist.

You go from claiming that you've been seeing my BS for years, and that you've had enough of my fantasist claims, to now claiming that you've never even seen my posts around here before.

Secondly, I don't care much for strength. I train for bodybuilding and ultimately to get in good shape when I can be bothered to cut again. You're a strong chap yes, but you're so far removed from what I consider to be something to aspire to, it makes it hilarious you believe I could be jealous.

I didn't say you were jealous, I said bitter. They're different words that mean different things. I find it hilarious that someone is responding to something I never said, again.

I'm not jealous of the guys stronger than you, who are in MUCH better shape. Please, PLEASE explain to the guys here, who know I don't train for strength, why I would be jealous of your lifts.

Why don't you get a grip on what you're actually saying before you start with this?

Soldato
OP
I don't know why you would, but go back to the melt down post you had, read it back and tell me why you reacted like that, made the claims you've now taken back and come across in a bitter way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom