Lightroom / Casual Gaming - £2k

Soldato
It did enter my mind, but damn at £900 it's a bit more than my current £370 monitor. If it was closer to 700 I may have been able to convince myself.

think term, monitor shouldn't have to be changed in a decade haha :)

have to compare lighting, Adobe scale , grey to grey timings etc

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Ordered the LG 650 for delivery tomorrow, the Dell goes back on Monday. Also ordered 2 x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM to use as intake/push fans on the rad.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Monitor was a good choice. Colours are superb and with 150% scaling text/UI looks very crisp!

desk_setup_feb2019-1.jpg

Soldato
RMA raised for the Kraken. Far too noisy, sounds like trapped air which I can’t seem to shift. Sometimes running multiple runs of cinebench lessens it but it comes back the next day.

Edit:

Video - https://photos.app.goo.gl/6xkGxAgNVaDP7KHx8

why i stated the Corsair unit and RGBness for same pricing and better RMA .

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £415.47 (includes shipping: £10.50)

the quietest pump on the CLC/AIO market is Alphacools unit which is used be Bequiet! set at 100%, and then put your ear next to it and you might hear a hummmm. onl time it makes a loud sound if they didn't fill it right in china =/ but doesn't have a fill port.

ONLY! problem with it .. the fans! they are 1600rpm ! but if i recall you have noctua fans installed ?

if you get the corsair unit, least you'll be able to control ram and unit/fans RGB all together.
Lighting from the fans should glow into the case as well as the front panel and show a glow through the filter holes at the front edge :)
Corsair software lot more sound the NZXT CAM too. Bequiet is just set at 100% pump in bios

Soldato
I'm very tempted to just get a Noctua NH-D15s tbh, less likely to produce an annoying noise.

go dark rock rock 4 ! looks wise, its better ! Should fit over the RGB ram but then you'd block it out.

realised you've got ITX format as well, but with i7 9700k should be able to get away with used standard Rock Rock 4 but will still cover the ram

plus visually the black bequiet would look miles better then Noctua colours..

PCP link below, shows DRP4 on itx board
https://************.com/b/bzXPxr

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I'd add the Chromax HC4 and swap the fan for a Chromax as well so it would look like this but with black HC4.

K8NGlbf.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
damn pretty, but costly for air cooling

Total: £135.87 (includes shipping: £9.90)

times like this i miss air cooling :)

BB CODE
Total: £83.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)

would fit, with front ran removed and allow for RAM RGB to be shown

fb-share-image.jpg

anther one that would fit but less thermal power then all of the above

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cryorig-h7-plus-cpu-heatsink-with-2-x-120mm-fans-hs-010-cy.html

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I'll give it some thought. I still think the D15S would look really good, albeit the RAM will be covered.

The 2 Noctua fans I bought were high static pressure fans to go on the rad, not sure if these should be swapped for a different fan if I don't have a rad on the intake.

Soldato
I'll give it some thought. I still think the D15S would look really good, albeit the RAM will be covered.

The 2 Noctua fans I bought were high static pressure fans to go on the rad, not sure if these should be swapped for a different fan if I don't have a rad on the intake.

just leave them in :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
just leave them in :)

Good to know.

Annoyingly the noise has stopped now. This makes me quite nervous about an RMA because if they get the unit and test it and no issue I cannot prove it, despite the video. Intermittent issues are frustrating, but the fact is this unit has too much air it in.

Soldato
Good to know.

Annoyingly the noise has stopped now. This makes me quite nervous about an RMA because if they get the unit and test it and no issue I cannot prove it, despite the video. Intermittent issues are frustrating, but the fact is this unit has too much air it in.

most issues are with unit not being filled 100%

Soldato
I had the air noise thing and pump whine (latter probably caused by the former) for a couple of weeks when I first got a Corsair H100i. Then it went away and worked fine for 6 and a half years till pump started whining again. Had it replaced with NH-D15S which as you say will last a long(er) time.

If the noise starts up again, I'd grab yet another video of it. With vids of two different occasions then you'd have enough grounds for refund within 30 days I should think.

30 Days / Acceptance Period (UK & EU)
You are entitled to reject goods if they are faulty (do not match the description, are not of satisfactory quality, or are not fit for purpose). You have up to 30 days to check the goods and contact us if there is a fault. You can decide to claim a refund or request a repair/replacement of the faulty product.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/returns

Back
Top Bottom