Lightroom / Casual Gaming - £2k

Soldato
Could come in handy. Is the rattling noticeable in the video? It's much easier to hear in person.
Is it related to that intermittent clicking that starts almost immediately as the video starts?

If that initial clicking is coming from the GPU it could be a protruding wire catching the fan - and as it speeds up emulates the sound of a rattle.

Have you had the card out to examine - it may be a simple fix?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Is it related to that intermittent clicking that starts almost immediately as the video starts?

If that initial clicking is coming from the GPU it could be a protruding wire catching the fan - and as it speeds up emulates the sound of a rattle?

Have you had the card out to examine - it may be a simple fix?

That's me clicking the mouse and setting it to 70% fan speed. After than it's a constant noise. There are no cables under the GPU. Also took out the GPU and gave it a blow, couldn't see anything.

Soldato
That's me clicking the mouse and setting it to 70% fan speed. After than it's a constant noise. There are no cables under the GPU. Also took out the GPU and gave it a blow, couldn't see anything.

noise in the blades at 100% load .

some of Gigabytes cards had issues with pulsing speeds, that they rolled out Bios's- partly with help from UK rep on getting the issue sorted

not sure if same thing @GIGA-Man has helped on in the past?

Soldato
Ah, then from your initial description it sounds like the right call to RMA if it's developed over time.

Orbi's, suggestion is worth a shot - there was certainly an issue with a small number of 2080Ti and @GIGA-Man tried to get a resolution. Although, i think that was an annoyance with fan interruption/engaging indiscriminately (was it the Quartz thread Orbi?).

EDIT: This one? - Clicky

Last edited:
Soldato
GPU is out and packaged up. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to sort it.

Takes gigabyte max 5 days. All depends on how long OCUK send it to them and vise versa. So it's nice having gigabyte rep on here if you notice two weeks have skipped by and no word..

If you lived in Milton Keynes you can actually drop it off lol

Permabanned
@LiE

Would you maybe help me with something, please? I'm considering the same case but a different PSU due to wanting 750W but the Corsair SF750 is too expensive. I'm wanting to know if I instead go with a PSU that has a length of 140mm (rather than the 100mm of your PSU) would there still be a little room for air to come up beside the PSU? Could you measure or take a decent guess? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Permabanned
Ah, okay - thanks.

I'm actually looking to get the 210 refresh but I didn't want to mention it to cause you buyer's remorse or something about the 200. Kidding. However, the 210 has more holes on the PSU shroud, so even if I don't end up with much air coming from the bottom, those extra shroud holes should help still.

Soldato
@Plec I made the mistake of thinking all posts on the front page are recent will definitely have to look harder before posting again.
No worries - easily done when new to the boards. A lot of new members do this and probably for the reasons you described (useful to know).

We all get alerts when someone posts (those subscribed to the thread) - I only mentioned it as this was 7 pages long - no harm/no foul etc - but figured it would be useful info.

I have no other top tips - other than avoid posting in the CPU forum - specifically the Zen 2 thread and when that's finally imploded i would then avoid the Zen 3 thread. They're great to scan through as some interesting thoughts/facts - but if you post you will inevitably butt heads with someone with an agenda which can cause frustration (**** you off).

Back
Top Bottom