Lila Connect - VX Fibre 1gig - Stoke on Trent

Associate
You Stoke guys had good results with Lila? Thinking about jumping aboard...
Work mate had a 1gb line installed around 10 months ago (Birches Head area) hes been happy with it and only had a minor issue shortly after he had it installed which was rectified very quickly.

he did moan about paying a little extra a month for a static IP tho :cry:

Associate
Hi all, had my 1Gb installed today, took the 2 guys about an hour!

Does anyone know how to setup the WAN settings for ASUS RT-AX92U router or do I need to call Lila?

Thanks.
Might need to call them. I have static IP with them so mine is manually input. Have you tried the auto settings on WAN for now?

Caporegime
Work mate had a 1gb line installed around 10 months ago (Birches Head area) hes been happy with it and only had a minor issue shortly after he had it installed which was rectified very quickly.

he did moan about paying a little extra a month for a static IP tho :cry:
Nice one, I'm not too far from there on Leek Rd :)

Soldato
Go through the sign up process and back out at the payment screen and an advisor will call you and offer free installation. It happened to me after I backed out because of the £49 fee.
Thanks this worked. Managed to get the free install and 2 free months.

Booked in for 11 Sept. Deffo going ahead this time. Virgin can finally do one.

Soldato
Check in from Bristol, been active 3 months now and been pretty stable. Have had 2-3 small outages (seconds/minutes) but nothing that causes me concern. The flexibility the speed gives is great!

Associate
Is everyone happy with Lila?

When i first looked into lilaconnect, there were a number of ISP's available, Breeze, Air to name a couple. It was also advertised as an open network for other ISP's to use, and us the customer to choose from. There was also another option of buying the line for a cost of £650 rather than paying £10 a month. (Perfect if your going to be there in the long run, and when i spoke to an advisor, they even suggested that if you sold your house, youd have a gigabite line into it. Sounds awesome right.. Placed order in Feb, booked installation yesterday for 21st Sept. No where on the web pages could i find where to pay the £650. A Call from the CS this morning, advises the following,, the 650 only applied to been a lila customer, and they no longer offer it. In Fact, the guy said they currently do not partner with ANY OTHER ISP in the UK. In Feb, I just assumed come installation, i would just get to choose which ISP i would go with.

This seems a massive turn around from what they originally advertised, and offered, to what they offer today.

So, how have they treated you? Any customer service issues? Any connection issues? Would you still go with them?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Associate
Is everyone happy with Lila?

When i first looked into lilaconnect, there were a number of ISP's available, Breeze, Air to name a couple. It was also advertised as an open network for other ISP's to use, and us the customer to choose from. There was also another option of buying the line for a cost of £650 rather than paying £10 a month. (Perfect if your going to be there in the long run, and when i spoke to an advisor, they even suggested that if you sold your house, youd have a gigabite line into it. Sounds awesome right.. Placed order in Feb, booked installation yesterday for 21st Sept. No where on the web pages could i find where to pay the £650. A Call from the CS this morning, advises the following,, the 650 only applied to been a lila customer, and they no longer offer it. In Fact, the guy said they currently do not partner with ANY OTHER ISP in the UK. In Feb, I just assumed come installation, i would just get to choose which ISP i would go with.

This seems a massive turn around from what they originally advertised, and offered, to what they offer today.

So, how have they treated you? Any customer service issues? Any connection issues? Would you still go with them?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
I'm happy with them, had this since December 2020 and I paid the £650 upfront as I had the money and no plan on moving. Originally I signed up with Breeze as they were the cheapest and could offer a static IP for no extra cost. Lila started to offer their own around the start of 2022 and priced everyone out of the market with lower prices. I'm now with Lila direct and still all is good. Only one issue when a cable was broken down the line somewhere but was fixed quickly.

Associate
Ramble Alert :D I have signed up, though was a little wary of the change of the upfront fee of £650 and that it COULD ONLY BE USED with lila,,, as they advise now, which considering ^^^ is a little rubbish. I wanted to go with lila, because the competition i would have hoped would have got them fighting for customers, great contracts etc, like with the current openreach networks, but with them saying that if i changed from lila in the future, to another ISP, then i would have to pay line rental, and it only applied to them. Install date is the 21st Sept,, Virgin goes 26th..

Soldato
Ramble Alert :D I have signed up, though was a little wary of the change of the upfront fee of £650 and that it COULD ONLY BE USED with lila,,, as they advise now, which considering ^^^ is a little rubbish. I wanted to go with lila, because the competition i would have hoped would have got them fighting for customers, great contracts etc, like with the current openreach networks, but with them saying that if i changed from lila in the future, to another ISP, then i would have to pay line rental, and it only applied to them. Install date is the 21st Sept,, Virgin goes 26th..
Good luck, love mine and haven't looked back.

DEATH TO VIRGIN MEDIA. MAY THEY BURN IN HELL.

Back
Top Bottom