Linkin Park are back!

I’ve heard the new song a few times and think it sounds good, much better than anything off their previous album.

I watched the live stream and I can’t imagine how nervous she may of felt. Think she did an ok performance. Her voice works well on some of the hybrid theory/meteora songs but becomes way to gravely on tracks and it doesn’t work (imo) so I hope she tones that down, but it’s a good start that’s for sure.

How so?

Is it because she used to be a "scientologist" or she "used to support her friend" who has since been convicted of a crime, and now has no contact with them. I think you may be just a little over dramatic and judgemental.

EDIT: She has never said publicly she was a supporter of scientology, she did once attend a scientology gala in 2013.

As for her performance, I thought she was really good, she's not there to replace Chester, no one could. But her opening vocals in the new single still give me goose bumps after a dozen or so listens.
Err best go read stuff coming out. She knew fine well about him and supporting him etc.

Her parents are part of the sea org within it etc. It's more people saying since Sciencetogy don't bkeve in mental illness and how Chester suffered.

Last edited:
Err best go read stuff coming out. She knew fine well about him and supporting him etc.

Her parents are part of the sea org within it etc. It's more people saying since Sciencetogy don't bkeve in mental illness and how Chester suffered.

And how much of that is actually true and not just people making **** up.

She has publicly disavowed anything to do with that Danny Masterson. I also couldn't care less if she supports Scientology as her choice of "faith", just like I don't care that Tom Cruise is a scientology enjoyer, I still enjoy his movies. I do have faith that the rest of the guys in the band made the choice to pick her and not someone else so they obviously knew what they were doing and wanted.

Ive listened to the new song a few times now and while i really like it, im not 100% having a female lead going forward is the best idea (nothing to do with her past at all) I think Mike could have filled the role much better. Either way i will be listening to the full album when it releases

The scientology stuff I'm not as fussed with (although the fact her statement said nothing against it at all is a red flag), she's a second generation one so she was born into a cult. It's not easy to escape from that situation. The supporting Masterson thing is a yikes though. Especially since Cedric Bixler-Zavala (of Mars Volta) and his wife who was one of Masterson's victims have come out and said she's lying in her recent statement.

Last edited:
The scientology stuff I'm not as fussed with (although the fact her statement said nothing against it at all is a red flag), she's a second generation one so she was born into a cult. It's not easy to escape from that situation. The supporting Masterson thing is a yikes though. Especially since Cedric Bixler-Zavala (of Mars Volta) and his wife who was one of Masterson's victims have come out and said she's lying in her recent statement.
Been reading the further posts from Cedric and his wife about it all. Wow. What were Linkin Park thinking… Not quite sure how people can just brush that under the carpet.

Again I'm sure they did their research before hand. A second generation person born in to that cult would require some major mental fortitude to get over the pain and gas lightning that would have occurred.

As for what happened well I think the truth is somewhere between hers and that of others. Either way I don't rally care I'm here for the music not the trauma dumping

I don't have an issue with her support for the guy accused of rape apparently she cut all ties once he was convicted

Its no different to someone on here being friends with someone, they get accused of something but you support them because you've known them a long time and don't think they capable of it then later find out they did it

Last edited:
I watched the show live and love the new single; initially I was a bit disappointed by the rest of the show, but I watched it back today and thought Emily and Linkin Park were great. I'll probably see if I can get tickets for the London show.

I'm sure if you interrogate anyone's life enough, you'll find some tenuous link to something dodgy unless they've lived a sedentary, boring life.

I actually really like the new single, think they've done a good job keeping enough of the old style but having a new sound. Will have a listen through the gig soon too.

I don't have an issue with her support for the guy accused of rape apparently she cut all ties once he was convicted

Its no different to someone on here being friends with someone, they get accused of something but you support them because you've known them a long time and don't think they capable of it then later find out they did it
Yeeaaaaa....

Last edited:
She showed up to support him during his trial whats the problem in that?

If your best mate was accused of rape and you supported him in court and he was then found guilty would that made you a bad person?

As for the Scientology shes a 2nd gen so was born into it

Do you refuse to watch films with actors in such as travolta and tom cruise etc etc?

Get over it and enjoy the music

Last edited:
She showed up to support him during his trial whats the problem in that?

If your best mate was accused of rape and you supported him in court and he was then found guilty would that made you a bad person?

As for the Scientology shes a 2nd gen so was born into it

Do you refuse to watch films with actors in such as travolta and tom cruise etc etc?

Get over it and enjoy the music
If its their own music and not covers of Chesters songs then yea, that's fine. But is she's covering his songs ( depression, his child abuse) that are about his mental health issues that she doesn't believe exists, that's kind of hard to enjoy in any way. Did she apologise as soon as he was sentenced or only when she got the job?

Chester was LP, this is all just cashing in...that or that start selling NFTs...again lol.

Well actually mike was LP chester joined after so mikes entitled to do what he wants and im sure chester would want his bandmates to continue enjoying music

You know nothing about what emily believes does or doesn’t exist

Dead sara emilys band have literally written songs about depression and suicide :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well actually mike was LP chester joined after so mikes entitled to do what he wants and im sure chester would want his bandmates to continue enjoying music

You know nothing about what emily believes does or dont exist

Dead sara emilys band have literally written songs about depression and suicide :rolleyes:
Yes...but its obvious if Mike produces but Chester wrote those songs about his own experiences. Im sure Chester would have loved selling a song behind an NFT paywall.

Any ways..out of the plethora of capable singers. This was a really really bad choice.

Last edited:
If he doesn't support then I am sure he will forfeit any royalties the family will receive right?

As for Emily's Statement, people seem to focus on her not mentioning anything about her links with Scientology, I say who cares, and more importantly who are you to question someones choice of religion. No one would bat an eye lid if she were Muslim, Hindu or even Christian (although I'm sure they would say something about this one).

Back
Top Bottom