Linkin Park - One More Light (New Album)

Soldato
Ive bought every Linkin Park album, on the strength of that one song i wont be buying this next one. To be honest, after Meteora, each new release has got progressively worse.

Soldato
Heavy is very 'radio friendly'. Not at all my cup of tea, but might still sell loads.

Bands change. As mentioned above some have evolved in ways we like (Deftones a great example), some don't. :p

Soldato
If you ignore the fact it's linkin park it is your generic chart pop song. And for a chart pop song it really isn't that bad, not my my cup of tea but if it gets there name out there again.

Everyone slates there later releasing albums after metoria but they really are fine and a lot of songs on each album still have the same grounds as there original albums. There singles never represent the contents of their albums IMO. I mean look at what I've done and new divide. Both main feature singles yet the rest of the album barely followed the same style as those.

I'm still looking forward to the new album and hoping it leads to a new tour so I can see them again. Manage to see them for their hunting party tour and a side from a few numbers from their latest album they played the songs they know everyone remembers and loves.

Soldato
If you ignore the fact it's linkin park it is your generic chart pop song. And for a chart pop song it really isn't that bad, not my my cup of tea but if it gets there name out there again.

Unfortunately even as a pop song it sucks. I rather listen to Justin Bieber's Cold Water over this any day.

Soldato
It's Kiiara feat Linkin Pop.

This song's already divisive among the band's fans.

Having been a LP fan since day 1 the band have been with me through all my ups and downs and I have embraced the changes that they have made with each album cycle.
I loved each album they released from Hybrid Theory right up to and including The Hunting Party, I've bought Mike Shinoda's Fort Minor album - The Rising Tied and Chester Bennington's side project - Dead By Sunrise and I've accepted all the changes the band has made musically but this is one step too far.

I know that people want Linkin Park to go back to their Nu Metal glory days - the thing is that they have grown up and their sound has evolved as does everyone else.

This is my take on Heavy - Linkin Park are known to switch styles and with each album cycle they may lose a part of their fan base and attract some more fans according to the genre of that particular album cycle. That's just a natural part of the process.

However when I first heard Heavy I was hugely disappointed I never expected LP to sound so different and make a mediocre pop record. What's worse is that LP drafted in writers to help write the lyrics (Tranter and Michaels - Disney writers)

Never before have LP needed the help of other writers and this is where alarm bells start ringing.

James Hetfield who said once a band starts bringing other writers into the creative process the band is basically done. I somewhat agree to this way of thinking.

The thing that bugs me is this...Linkin Park are very talented and what compelled them to write a Pop song is something that they feel comfortable artistically and that's their prerogrative.

However this song is just a generic pop song that anyone from Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez (insert your fav Pop act here) could have sung. It just isn't Linkin Park. It's soulless and it reeks of get me radio air play.

The song actually melts into See You Again - Charlie Puth feat Wiz Khalifa which is much better than this generic radio friendly rubbish.

Associate
OP
It's Kiiara feat Linkin Pop.

This song's already divisive among the band's fans.

Having been a LP fan since day 1 the band have been with me through all my ups and downs and I have embraced the changes that they have made with each album cycle.
I loved each album they released from Hybrid Theory right up to and including The Hunting Party, I've bought Mike Shinoda's Fort Minor album - The Rising Tied and Chester Bennington's side project - Dead By Sunrise and I've accepted all the changes the band has made musically but this is one step too far.

I know that people want Linkin Park to go back to their Nu Metal glory days - the thing is that they have grown up and their sound has evolved as does everyone else.

This is my take on Heavy - Linkin Park are known to switch styles and with each album cycle they may lose a part of their fan base and attract some more fans according to the genre of that particular album cycle. That's just a natural part of the process.

However when I first heard Heavy I was hugely disappointed I never expected LP to sound so different and make a mediocre pop record. What's worse is that LP drafted in writers to help write the lyrics (Tranter and Michaels - Disney writers)

Never before have LP needed the help of other writers and this is where alarm bells start ringing.

James Hetfield who said once a band starts bringing other writers into the creative process the band is basically done. I somewhat agree to this way of thinking.

The thing that bugs me is this...Linkin Park are very talented and what compelled them to write a Pop song is something that they feel comfortable artistically and that's their prerogrative.

However this song is just a generic pop song that anyone from Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez (insert your fav Pop act here) could have sung. It just isn't Linkin Park. It's soulless and it reeks of get me radio air play.

The song actually melts into See You Again - Charlie Puth feat Wiz Khalifa which is much better than this generic radio friendly rubbish.

I agree with every word, very well put. J

Associate
OP
Oh LP why do you do this, if this was the offical release and the rest of the album sounded the same I would be happy.

Nu Metal version of Heavy (2 min in)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom