Liverpool Takeover Thread

Don
A guy from Bloomberg is reporting that NESV have already signed on the deal with the Liverpool Board, therefore as soon as the legal dispute is sorted they'll effectively be our new owners.

Don
A lot of people are saying that tomorrow's hearing will be a bit of a non event; last about 10 mins and then be adjourned until a later date (this week). The reason for this is said to be because the judge will want to look into the case in more detail, although some people are sceptical and think this is being said to try and discourage supporters turning up at Court.

Associate
A lot of people are saying that tomorrow's hearing will be a bit of a non event; last about 10 mins and then be adjourned until a later date (this week). The reason for this is said to be because the judge will want to look into the case in more detail, although some people are sceptical and think this is being said to try and discourage supporters turning up at Court.

Who's telling you this Baz?

Soldato
So, is it still possible for them to drop 9 points? Would be pretty funny to see Liverpool in the championship.
Only if RBS puts the club into administration. Which they won’t unless H&G win the court case and can't be persuaded to sell before Friday. A 9 point penalty isn’t going to do much for the value of the club so if H&G want cut of their nose to spite their face they may as well give up being in business altogether.

Associate
Don
The article Ive just looked at on Forbes states he has $1.6 billion, hes number 8 in the Singapore's 40 Richest List. Article can be found here: http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/79/singapore-10_Peter-Lim_ZDP1.html
Fair enough. I just quickly googled his name when it was announced and found an old Forbes article that says he was worth $830m. Seems like he's 1 of a few people that's done ok for himself over the last couple of years.
I read that the court case was due to start at 10:30. Can anyone verify this?

Everybody had to turn up by 10.30am however the court was to hear several other cases, not just the Liverpool case. No order for the cases was given until when the court opened this morning. Our case is on 3rd which is said to start late morning/early afternoon.

And it would appear as if the info the SOS were given was misleading and just an attempt to stop supporters travelling to the court.

Soldato
Please let this be finalised today and defiantly by friday morning. It would be really nice to know that we could go to Everton on Sunday and have the whole sorry episode behind us.

Tbh I think the fans should stay away. I can't see them helping in that environment and it might put the judge in a bad mood. Just let them get on with it.

Soldato
Looks like the case is starting now. RBS opened up by accussing H&G "breathtaking arrogance" in obstructing sale process.
I never thought I'd find myself routing for a bank, let alone RBS :)

11.38am: Hicks and Gillett representative admits to breach of contract but feels there is no urge for board to be reconstituted before Friday.

RBS dismisses this as 'absurd' given the company needs to repay £200m to the bank by Friday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom