• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***LOCKDOWN DEALS!***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Patter.

He's hardly going to say 'guys we're struggling to sell any of these because the prices are too high'.

Everyone understands though that OcUK are a business and Gibbo's job is to shift stuff any way he can, but deals these are not.

im not remotely interested in any of these deals but you’ve said it. OCUK are a business and they’re trying to shift stuff that’s climbing in price generally. I’ve been keeping an eye on monitors recently and prices are going berserk, everywhere.

everyone will speak with their wallets anyway but it’s encouraging to here that OcUK are busy because it’s inevitable it’s going to go further south as time goes on.

if the deals don’t suit then nobody has to buy do they; seems to me that perhaps it’s trying to make the best of a bad global situation? At least OcUK are operating and communicating with us about what’s going on.

Associate
It's that price for 3 weeks, then they can legally say "reduced to" and add whatever number they want. For advertising a product has to be the higher price for at least 21 days before a sale price is given.[/QUOTE
Out of interest, can they say OCUK exclusive and it's sold elsewhere......for cheaper ?

OcUK Staff
OP
This or a Sapphire 5600xt? Is the extra 2GB really needed.

Currently running a 280x and rest of system is being upgraded to Ryzen next month.

5700 is more powerful than 5600XT and it has 2GB more VRAM at same price 5700 all day long.

We have pre-sold nearly 100 over weekend, and we only have 227 incoming for the deal, so we don't anticipate stock hanging around long.

Associate
I think this is the problem, its a bit like petrol, once it went over £1 per litre in UK, never went back down, I fear the same with these cards, once the prices are accepted as a certain line, will they come down dramatically? I doubt it which means the new ones will feed on that level, the next gen could be absolute mental prices... who knows

0.99p per liter at Costco Manchester.

Associate
Fair. Doubt it'll drop 150£ anytime soon, even 450 seems unrealistic atm. Bad times for two GPUs to die...
Never say never, managed to find a Giga 2070 super gaming oc new for 430£ (likely a pricing error on the marketplace website as the seller's own website does add 86£ vat) but it has apparently been dispatched today \o/

Now hoping it arrives in working order :rolleyes:

Edit: fluke! They cancelled & refunded this morning as first expected ):

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom