Locksmith question

Soldato
So...Being bored I've been doing some digging, using the previous link to companies house, and this is what I've found: EVE SECURITY LTD changed director back in 2020 from Stefan Cochintu. But here's the interesting thing, if you search google for his name you get this LinkedIn profile where he list that he used to be a manager of AM London Locksmith. Search Google for AM London Locksmith and you get this BBC Watchdog article.

e: And this...

2nd e: Forgot to add a link to the guys LinkedIn profile.

Last edited:
Soldato
Let me update what I said earlier, and say that these guys are complete rip-off merchants and fraudsters, and yes it is scamming money out of vulnerable elderly people.

It looks like they have been done earlier for dodgy practice, and have had a name change ... that's the kind of thing to expect from these "companies".

To the OP, your Dad has certainly been ripped off and you have grounds to attempt to retrieve the money, although I expect that won't be easy.

Last edited:
Soldato
So...Being bored I've been doing some digging, using the previous link to companies house, and this is what I've found: EVE SECURITY LTD changed director back in 2020 from Stefan Cochintu. But here's the interesting thing, if you search google for his name you get this LinkedIn profile where he list that he used to be a manager of AM London Locksmith. Search Google for AM London Locksmith and you get this BBC Watchdog article.

e: And this...
It just goes to show that Checkatrade reviews are worthless:

Soldato
Does £1456 sound too much for replacing a lock that had a front door key snapped in it? I think my elderly father was scammed.

PXL-20240319-120258162-2.jpg[img]

I locked myself out of my house a couple years ago.

Cost me £47 total for the guy to come around and replace the lock.

Soldato
OP
Moving forward I’d use this experience to convince him that he should always contact you first about this sort of thing and to always get written quotes first
It was just really bad timing, I had gone out for the day. Neighbour even offered to take him to town, but he decided to sort it out himself.

Soldato
Disgusting how they can even think they can get away with this. There must be something that can be done to get your money back.

Does paying by card give you some security... No pun intended.

Associate
Disgusting how they can even think they can get away with this. There must be something that can be done to get your money back.

Does paying by card give you some security... No pun intended.
Yer, it can do, if done correctly..
He needs to report this to police bank trading standards. Outer wise the person will keep doing it.

Last edited:
Associate
Last year I had to call a locksmith. When they came the man took the lock barrel out and said it would cost over £350 to change it, as it was a special device. I told him I saw something similar in the store for £30. I said I could not afford it and to forget the work. He said the call out charge was £100. I argued and said nothing was done. Finally, he said he'd do it for £300. I said no, and he said he cannot put the lock back, without paying the call out. I paid the £100. Next day I completed an online form from my bank app disputing the payment, stating that £100 charged for no work.
I got my money back and got no response from the locksmith. A few days later I got another company to do the job for £80.

Soldato
Last year I had to call a locksmith. When they came the man took the lock barrel out and said it would cost over £350 to change it, as it was a special device. I told him I saw something similar in the store for £30. I said I could not afford it and to forget the work. He said the call out charge was £100. I argued and said nothing was done. Finally, he said he'd do it for £300. I said no, and he said he cannot put the lock back, without paying the call out. I paid the £100. Next day I completed an online form from my bank app disputing the payment, stating that £100 charged for no work.
I got my money back and got no response from the locksmith. A few days later I got another company to do the job for £80.

He attended site at your request, costing him time, fuel and potentially lost opportunity elsewhere, you owe him that £100 imo.

Soldato
That is genuinely disgusting and things like this, scamming anyone, but especially the vulnerable makes my blood boil.

Please don't let it drop @neocon even if your father wants to. Contact everyone you can, police action fraud, trading standards and HMRC - as they are definitely defrauding VAT - anyone who will listen (as probably not all will unfortunately)

Police Action Fraud line 0300 123 2040

Victim support helpline :

HMRC fraud helpline

Bring in the information @Murphy posted to say this is just another iteration of a previously convicted fraudulent company.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom