** Logitech G27 Racing Wheel ** PRE-ORDER

Associate
Would be interesting to hear just how many preorders OCUK get. At that price it really is only going to appeal to the most hardcore racing fans, or people that £300 is nothing to. I love my racing games, but not that much. I'll just wait till GT5 comes out and hopefully logitech will have came to their senses by then.

A little light hearted dig at ace modder here..

Logitech RRP's
G27 only £50 more than G25.
Any chance of making that true so it matches up on the price you currently sell the G25 at?

Last time I looked at UK Logitech site the price was still tba when on the US site they were quoting the $299 mentioned earlier.. so I thought, being the UK it'll probably be £220-230 when it comes out here since we usually get ripped off anyway *uk in general, not as an ocuk customer* and to find that the RRP is infact £329 it just proves me right. Nice mark up logitech, what did you do, charter your own cargo ship just to sail over a few thousand units?

UK paying 50% more for the same product is beyond a joke tbh.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm really surprised they haven't gone with a mini LCD display on it in a similar vein to the high end keyboards.

That would be pretty good, with dials for speed, revs, fuel etc.

I'm sure they could have still made a tidy profit given it's pricing....

Associate
You could buy an actual car for £300 and get it going sideeays on some dirt roads and much more fun!
LOL. True though.

I'm not quite sure who this is designed to appeal to, as anyone who buys high end wheels has already got a G25 and I don't know about the rest of you but I never use the shifter anyway, preferring the paddles behind the wheel.

Now if they'd put a few more buttons on the steering wheel that would have made more sense. Having all but two of the buttons behind the shifter makes no sense at all and ruins immersion in game.

I'm sure the price will fall as sales stall.

P

Associate
Insane, especially since most games are actually easier with gamepad. I feel I have to sacrifice a bit of speed for the comfort of a wheel which is not a good feeling when you have potentially spent £300 on the device.

Associate
Yes the price is a lot when compared with the G25 but it will naturally come down over time.

I have the G25 and personally couldn't make the switch as I use the sequential all the time. All the reviews seem very favourable though.

Btw for £300.00 you will get a crap car and crap drving experience ;) I don't think anyone thinking of purchasing this will be wondering if they should go out and buy a car instead. You wouldn't quite get 2 half decent tyres for that.

Back
Top Bottom