Logitech's G910 'Orion Spark' Sparkles With RGB Colors

Soldato
How you rate it compared to your G19 ?

As am using a G19 myself..

Its a change, I think anyone using a Mech Keyboard will tell you changing to one is a nice change.

When I pulled the trigger to order it I was a bit worried I wouldn't like it after hearing about all the loud clicking that some mech keyboards apparently have (not sure if this is true), but its very quiet, anyone on TS can't hear me typing so that was a relief.

Compared to the G19 its heavy, so you won't accidentally push it off the desk and feels very well made, someone commented on the plastic arm rest earlier but after having a feel of it last night its solid plastic and wont fall off easily. The keys are A LOT more responsive as I noticed in BF4 if I pushed space I would jump straight away not have to jam it 5 times to make sure I jumped. Keys are slightly higher than the G19 but it just means I have to get used to it so typing is slightly screwed when typing fast.

I haven't started using the G keys yet as as I said earlier the Software needs a lot of improvement, feels like the hardware team at Logitech said "yup we're done send it out" while the software team said "wait... no what?!? we're still only 50% done".

I'm happy with the upgrade, little bit pricey but worth it.

Associate
Any chance you could comment on what the keyboard is like to type with?

Comments on-line seem to say the angles on the keys are great for gaming but naff for typing

Cheers

Soldato
Ouuuf I'm an idiot and ordered one for myself as an upgrade from my G19 which is having the odd double tap key issue. This will be my first mechanical keyboard and hopefully the last at the price X.x

Hopefully I should have it on Wednesday so I can let you guys know how I get on from a mechanical keyboard newbie perspective.

Associate
Ouuuf I'm an idiot and ordered one for myself as an upgrade from my G19 which is having the odd double tap key issue. This will be my first mechanical keyboard and hopefully the last at the price X.x

Hopefully I should have it on Wednesday so I can let you guys know how I get on from a mechanical keyboard newbie perspective.

So, how are you getting on with?

The more I look into this keyboard the more I'm tempted to buy one.

Currently using a Logitech G15 and have been thinking of making a switch to mechanical keyboard for sometime.

Soldato
So, how are you getting on with?

The more I look into this keyboard the more I'm tempted to buy one.

Currently using a Logitech G15 and have been thinking of making a switch to mechanical keyboard for sometime.

I only got the keyboard yesterday so I've only used it for a few hours myself :D

It is an upgrade from a G19 and I've barely used a mechanical keyboard myself apart from the odd one at work etc. I've found typing to be far nicer on this keyboard and gaming has been pretty good too I'm also surprised how quiet it is compared to the usual mechanical keyboard. It isn't silent but compared to the G19 it is very similar.

It has taken me a few hours to get used to typing at speed due to the spacing between the keys and the small groves on each key which actually helps :p The amount of mistakes I've been making while touch typing has been far less than it was on the G19 so it has been better for me on the front.

The software is also very easy to use but there isn't loads of options out of the box and I don't think many people have messed with the SDK yet to produce decent presets.

Compared to the few other keyboards I've used I've found the key presses to be very short which has taken a little getting used to but they aren't as short as say a laptop style keyboard.

Overall I've been really enjoying it but I would say it is hard to justify the price unless you are happy to part with that kind of money! If you do go ahead with the purchase I did get a £5 voucher from Logitech if you want it :D

Also the actual backlighting is very very good, no bleeding of the light and it is super bright which you can turn down.

Associate
Thanks for your views and the offer of the voucher.

I think I'll try and hang on before going ahead, I'm 100% I'll upgrade my current keyboard to one of these, but at £159 I'm finding it a little hard to justify the expense at the moment especially considering the time of year and a skiing holiday to pay for.

I'll keep an eye on the price on the Logitech site, should they discount it in January/February I'll bite the bullet.

Cheers & Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom