Logitech's G910 'Orion Spark' Sparkles With RGB Colors

Soldato
Just thought I would update peeps on my feelings of the keyboard now I've had a week to use it.

I think it has been fantastic! I've found it to be far nicer to type on compared to the G19 and now I'm used to the key layout my touch typing has improved a fair amount. As for gaming it is also great, it hasn't really improved my gameplay at all (to be expected) but I've also had zero issues with skills in LoL where as before every 2-3 games I would at least expect one failure of a skill going off due to me spamming keys which the G19 didn't seem to like very much!

The software is still super simple to use but missing some basic functions and to be honest doesn't really have that many options unless you are into scripting or can code something using the SDK. I would like to try script the keys to light up following the cooldowns in game as that would be super dumb :D

The keys themselves feel pretty darn good in my opinion, the short travel between presses takes a little bit of getting used to but I haven't had many issues of presses not being detected due to me not letting the key reset. The groves actually work! They feel a little odd at first but after a few days you don't notice them but I was making less mistakes when typing (which I make a lot of) so they must have been helping me stay on target :p They are also fairly quiet which is one of the biggest points for me, no one has found them audible on teamspeak unless I bash them in a state of panic which any keyboard will be audible then. I've found it quieter than the G19 and the sound to be more solid and less clacky.

I would take the above with a pinch of salt due to A me purchasing the keyboard, B myself coming straight from a standard keyboard with no previous mechanical keyboard experiences. I've been very impressed with the keyboard which has actually beat my expectations which is good :D I don't think I could justify the price though unless you do have some free money to play with and are doing a rather substantial upgrade. If you are swapping from another mechanical keyboard I don't think there would be much difference.

Associate
Thanks for your thoughts & opinion on it.

It's certainly on my to buy list, but as previously said I'll wait until the New Year to see if the price drops or it gets discounted along the way.

Regards

Soldato
I agree in so much as I love the ARX software. Think it's fantastic and I hope that really takes off. Not too fussed on the switches or the non-removable wrist rest. Not great for those of us who type and game in equal measure.

I'm also not too fussed on full rgb colours but handy to have rather than not have.

Luckily mine is a review sample so I have my Ducky for everyday.

Soldato
Well, i've had mine for a few days and i hate the living crap out of it. It was supposed to be a replacement to my 710+ but it's inferior in every way

*Feels cheap and plasticity
*back feet are way too short so keyboard still feels flat even after deployment
*Short travel distance on the key presses are terrible, i loved the clickyness of the 710+
*The cup like form of the keys feels strange
*I prefer the white of the 710+ rather than the default blue

I think i'm going to put it up for the MM for £150, do you think it'll sell?

Soldato
Well, i've had mine for a few days and i hate the living crap out of it. It was supposed to be a replacement to my 710+ but it's inferior in every way

*Feels cheap and plasticity
*back feet are way too short so keyboard still feels flat even after deployment
*Short travel distance on the key presses are terrible, i loved the clickyness of the 710+
*The cup like form of the keys feels strange
*I prefer the white of the 710+ rather than the default blue

I think i'm going to put it up for the MM for £150, do you think it'll sell?

Wouldn't say any of these are "inferior" points to be honest... Its a different keyboard, of course it's going to look or feel different.

Had mine for quite a while now and still loving it, the software is still a bit kack but they added different light profiles for different games, shame they didn't add any default profiles with it as I haven't been bothered to manually set them all up yet.

Integration into GTA5 is ok, the F keys flashing when you have police chasing after you is pretty good, but apart from that it just puts a standard colour on all the keys..

Soldato
Am thinking of ordering one these G910 keyboards to replace my G19 which is getting little old & tatty now...
Or could anyone recommend any reasons why not to buy one ?

(Sorry for the small 1 year thread bump :p)

Last edited:
Soldato
God logitech are never going to grow out of creating ugly chav looking gear. I remember them having quality components like the wingman 3 button mouse which was great. Last few years is nothing but tacky looking tat with extra screens/buttons/lights/random transformer looking plastic bits.

Associate
I had this keyboard for xmas present and i love it.. i got short fingers and slight pain in my fingers that makes it hard to move all over the keyboard so this was perfect for me. made gaming a lot easier and i got different backlight depending on wich game i play..
it is not a quiet keyboard as its plenty of clickety going on but i dont mind that.

Soldato
I had this keyboard for xmas present and i love it.. .
Am going most likely order one as soon the place I buy my stuff from has one back in stock
(I may end up ordering one from OCuk but then I have to pay postage)

Yesterday I used my steam cleaner to steam clean my old Logitech G19 keyboard am using at the moment ....:D

Last edited:
Associate
God logitech are never going to grow out of creating ugly chav looking gear. I remember them having quality components like the wingman 3 button mouse which was great. Last few years is nothing but tacky looking tat with extra screens/buttons/lights/random transformer looking plastic bits.

Well said

Soldato
Last few years is nothing but tacky looking tat with extra screens/buttons/lights/random transformer looking plastic bits.
Logitech stuff have always been like that....
Even my really old stuff like my Logitech G15 keyboard (About year 2006) and z-5500 speakers (about year 2004) had lots of plastic ,lights, screen's & buttons..

But logitech do make just a basic plain keyboard if that what you want http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/k120?crid=27 ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom