Logo Design

Soldato
If this is still going then I don't mind creating one for £5 :p (Not because I suck, I just don't think £50 is worth the money for any logo; feel free to argue back).

My E-mail is [email protected]

Wow So you dont value a designers time then.

£5 how many hours are you going to spend on it.

At £5 a Logo how long would it take to pay off your PC and your design software.

Associate

£5 how many hours are you going to spend on it.

At £5 a Logo how long would it take to pay off your PC and your design software.

I do graphics design casually but I do take pride in my work. Usually around 2-3 hours on a logo alone.

My PC and Design Software are already 'paid off'.

Soldato
If this is still going then I don't mind creating one for £5 :p (Not because I suck, I just don't think £50 is worth the money for any logo; feel free to argue back).

My E-mail is [email protected]

Considering how long you've been here I'm going to make a friendly note that OcUK don't allow their forums to be used for advertising services.

They've been fairly lenient on this section because often members can help members and there may be a financial reward.

But if we have a large influx of new members immediately advertising their wares then they'll lock it down.

Associate
Absolutely.

£5 would equate to about 12 minutes of work in the design world.
I spend as much time on a logo as the client desires, but ideally I spend around 3 hours, which comes to £75 at the standard industry rate.

Which may seem steep to non-designers like Rebel_smoke, but when you pay a trained professional who takes pride and care in their craft, you pay a wage appropriate for a professional.

Anyone can design a logo, but it won't necessarily be good design. And if a company owner is happy to pay £5 for a logo that represents entirely the visual identity of their company, I would wish them the best of luck, because they'll need it.

Associate
In my experience, it depends on whether the logo is 2D or 3D, whether text is involved etc. I usually only charge around £10 for a professional logo, only the png file , i charge an extra £5 for the psd. , its purely at the designers disgression IMO

Soldato
dc.jpg

dcpng.png

dc1png.png

web links ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I usually only charge around £10 for a professional logo, only the png file , i charge an extra £5 for the psd. , its purely at the designers disgression IMO
Without wanting to sound harsh, the fact you havent mentioned Illustrator or supplying the logo in eps or any other kind of vector format tells me you're very liberal with your use of the word 'professional'.

Soldato
Without wanting to sound harsh, the fact you havent mentioned Illustrator or supplying the logo in eps or any other kind of vector format tells me you're very liberal with your use of the word 'professional'.

A Logo's just ya business name right?

I've seen tons of "professional" Logo's that look like a 7 yr old drew them in the dark.

It all depends on how YOU value your business image

Soldato
In my experience, it depends on whether the logo is 2D or 3D, whether text is involved etc. I usually only charge around £10 for a professional logo, only the png file , i charge an extra £5 for the psd. , its purely at the designers disgression IMO

Ouch, I'd hope text isn't involved.

Associate
Ouch, I'd hope text isn't involved.

I tend to use photoshop more than any other graphic program , if i need to use another one I will, and i dont use text very often unless necessary and I make custom text :) and @*****ey, i see what you're sayin and i guess i have jumped the gun on calling the produce professional, but i've created various logo's for fairly big businesses and they were more than happy:) I tend to go with clean cut styles, with a few colours , if not one

Associate
I tend to use photoshop more than any other graphic program , if i need to use another one I will, and i dont use text very often unless necessary and I make custom text :) and @*****ey, i see what you're sayin and i guess i have jumped the gun on calling the produce professional, but i've created various logo's for fairly big businesses and they were more than happy:) I tend to go with clean cut styles, with a few colours , if not one

Logos should be vector for scalability unless they are only ever going to have very limited usage.

Back
Top Bottom