Logo Design

Soldato
I create the image one a fairly medium sized canvas ( 500 x 300 ) and once im happy with the final product i make paths of the logo and make it huge , around 6 times its original size :) save it without a background as a png

Why don't you just remake the logo in Illustrator, then you don't ever have to worry about scale? :confused:

Got any work you can show us?

Soldato
Here's another logo for a customer, and if you see it as not professional, what could i do to improve the standard of my work ? just a few tips :p http://gyazo.com/3265705e1da73cb2d7309c46cbfa5add

I like the symbol, but it's way too big. If you put a box around that logo, how much of the box is wasted?

There doesn't need to be a shadow either, and your symbol's bottom right edge should be complementary to the italics, ie parallel.

Not keen on the font either, but that depends on what it is for.

triangleo.png

Soldato
I'm not going to judge or comment on your work BaileyDesign as logos are often a mishmash or your own style and what the client wants so if they're happy then you have done an OK job.

I'd seriously consider getting to grips with Illustrator, I wouldn't employ anyone who calls themselves a designer who didn't know how to use Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (or similar).

And if you are pitching for work then you should have a portfolio website.

Just my two pence (not that you asked for it).

Last edited:
Associate
I'm not going to judge or comment on your work BaileyDesign as logos are often a mishmash or your own style and what the client wants so if they're happy then you have done an OK job.

I'd seriously consider getting to grips with Illustrator, I wouldn't employ anyone who calls themselves a designer who didn't know how to use Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (or similar).

And if you are pitching for work then you should have a portfolio website.

Just my two pence (not that you asked for it).
Thanks for the feedback :) i'll look into getting to grips with illustrator , atm photoshop and Cinema4D are the only programmes i use daily. And its funny you should mention a portfolio because im making one at this very moment.

Associate
I like the symbol, but it's way too big. If you put a box around that logo, how much of the box is wasted?

There doesn't need to be a shadow either, and your symbol's bottom right edge should be complementary to the italics, ie parallel.

Not keen on the font either, but that depends on what it is for.

triangleo.png
I instantly thought the logo was too big, so i scaled it down but the customer wasn't happy, he prefered it big. Nice work on modifying it though , looks great in red :)

Soldato
I instantly thought the logo was too big, so i scaled it down but the customer wasn't happy, he prefered it big. [...]
But was he right? If not, why did you let him convince you, when it's a professional designer's responsibility to convince your client that the solution you're presenting is the best for them?

If you can't convince your client that your solution is the right one, then you lose authority and credibility. When you lose these, the client starts making design decisions despite being much less equipped to do so than you [or at least, much less equipped than you ought to be].

At that point, you're not a professional designer. You're a computer operator. An Adobe monkey. And probably a poorly-paid one at that.

Last edited:
Associate
But was he right? If not, why did you let him convince you, when it's a professional designer's responsibility to convince your client that the solution you're presenting is the best for them?

If you can't convince your client that your solution is the right one, then you lose authority and credibility. When you lose these, the client starts making design decisions despite being much less equipped to do so than you [or at least, much less equipped than you ought to be].

At that point, you're not a professional designer. You're a computer operator. An Adobe monkey. And probably a poorly-paid one at that.
I totally see where you're coming from, but on the other hand. Isn't it important that the customer is happy with their final product? I explained thoroughly to the customer that with the smaller logo it will be easier to use universally etc but he became a bit frustrated with my stalling. But i can definitely see your side of the argument.

Associate
I fully understand what it means, like i said , that logo imo is bad

I'm not judging your designs i'm simply stating the title of professional should be reserved for individuals that are veterans in their industry, you have no authority to use this title. You don't use the correct fundamental tools as one example.

Its not personal I just have a problem with people defacing the word by using it to describe work not of this level. (I am NOT a professional and wouldn't dream of calling myself one)

If your not using illustrator to create logos then you can not even begin to use the word proffesional as vector is a requirement.

exactly.

Associate
I'm not judging your designs i'm simply stating the title of professional should be reserved for individuals that are veterans in their industry, you have no authority to use this title. You don't use the correct fundamental tools as one example.

Its not personal I just have a problem with people defacing the word by using it to describe work not of this level. (I am NOT a professional and wouldn't dream of calling myself one)

exactly.

I totally agree with you actually.

Soldato

exactly.

The problem is If you do it for a living the apparently as its your profession your a professional.

Back
Top Bottom