Long time no see.Short intro of my wheels...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I said it was NOT a turbo version...and my mates told me it was 3.2 325 hp...maybe i was wrong?:confused: Its not an old shaped 911...it was an import, and it looks like this approximately

3724_12.JPG
with different rims, with many many spokes. And it doesnt have a wing on the rear.

You're mentionning two different cars here

the car you're looking at in that photo is a 996 Carrera. The only model to produce 320bhp in that shape was the S, which is a 3.6

The 3.4 only managed 300bhp.

So not a 3.2

The 3.2 Porsche is from the 80s and looks like this

32cprdqr.JPG

But the fact you're stating it was definately a 996 with 325bhp says to me he was A) not trying or B) his car was knackered.

Soldato
OP
This sounds way to high for relatively simple mods. You would need more than a Remap, exhaust and intake to get an additional 140BHP from the Cupra Engine. Last time I looked the Audi S3 (265BHP) only maps to around 300bhp on stock internals. In fact a quick look on Jabba sport (who I would put down as a reliable tuner) shows with a custom stage 2 map, 280-300bhp is reachable. There is no way a exhaust and intake would add an additional 80bhp.

I can't even be bothered to comment about the Porsche beating. I mean I own a relatively powerful hot hatch with ~200BHP yet I know I would stand no hope of out accelerating a (well driven) Porsche boxter let alone a 911.

It seems you didnt do a lot of research. I am a member in many seat forums and i have seen dyno print outs.

theres quite a lot of leon 2 cupras arround here cos their engine is magnificent...therefore most of them are tuned with a revo stage 2 remap, forge twincooler, v flow, carbonio etc intakes, full 76mm dp + cat back, high pressure fuel pump, as well as upgraded turbo inlet and forge bov etc

heres an audi S3 @ 340PS - 48kg of torque with just a revo stage 2 remap with aggressive timings (still not maxxed as its quite impossible for now to max those) , Cold Air Intake Injen, forge bov, and milltek 76mm dp-HJS cat + cat back

http://www.powermag.gr/articleDetails.php?id=47

they dynoed a leon 2 cupra with the above mods at 387 ps but i will need to find the dyno and the whole article.

Soldato
OP
It seems you completely ignored me however.

I OWN a 265BHP 1.8T (Leon Cupra R), and I KNOW that I had trouble pulling away from a BMW 330Ci. A Porsche 911 would have eaten me alive, end of story.

You have a 265bhp 1.8T leon cupra R?

With the stock K04-023 turbo? Please tell me your full setup...

also what settings of the Revo software you are using...

Soldato
Ibiza FR @ 240bhp (flywheel)

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 240
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1154
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 211.31
0 - 60 (Secs) : 5.47
0 - 100 (Secs) : 13.17
60 - 100 (Secs) : 7.69

Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4S (3.6) 03
316 bhp
1470 kg
218.42 bhp / tonne
7.41 60-100mph

It would be a close race, and if the guy can't drive ... or had more mechanial sympathy than you its quite believable you could pull on it.

911's aren't the fastest cars in the world guys. What's hard to believe?

I've come across a C4S before and REAMED it from a 2nd gear roundabout exit upto around 100 leptons. I spoke to the guy and did it again with the same result.

Soldato
OP
wow blast from the past.

I remember you from when we overclocking winbond BH-5 etc. Where you been?

Hi Tim...

yep...been a long long time man..had loads of friends here...good old xtreme overclocking days...

Vapochill to vapochill PE, mach 2...then mach 2 GT....14 cpus in 1 and a half year, loads of ram sticks....voltage modifications

reached 5.2ghz on a prescott 3.4 back then when 5 ghz was nearly impossible, ocuk team on xtremesystems back then....

But yeah..that was also lies and BS from my side back then....:rolleyes:

Returned back home buddy...thats it...finished my mech engineering masters and got a job arround here in an FGD plant. Gave up on motorcycles for a bit since car tuning is great but i think ill go back to bikes soon with a busa K9 :).

Computers? Cant be bothered anymore my friend :)

sid

sid

Soldato
I remember that thread when you got 5.2ghz in your sig.

you were pretty ecstatic about it.

Good to see you around!

sid

Caporegime
2nd gear rolling start up to 240 km/h and the ibiza had a distance of 4 cars in front from the porsche.

The problem i have with your tall tale is you say at 240kph you ibiza had a 4 car lead over the 911, at 150mph your ibiza has run out of gearing, no car will pull very hard in its top gear when your turbo is well and trueley out of its power range.

A 911 is geared for a much higher top speed, it will still be in its power range and pulling away from you.

I'm afraid you're talking BS, yes a 230bhp ibiza isn't going to be slow but its not as quick as a 325bhp 911.

It might keep up with the porsche in gear rolling upto a set speed but you simply don't have enough power nor gearing to keep up with the porsche past 100mph or so.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think the Porsche driver was a plonker and wasn't pushing as hard as he could have. It's not a question of power, it's about the gearing as I can't believe your Seat has the gearing to pull away from a porker at 150mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom