Long time no see.Short intro of my wheels...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
The claims do seem a bit, well, odd.

I can't see any gearbox change and I am having difficulty believing a standard gearbox can reach that kind of speed.

Caporegime
Nice car.

Shame people are ripping you to shreds straight away. It seems standard practice on the motors forum.

No-one has denied that its not a nice car, it is, and if it had been in the UK I'd have loved to have seen it.

But stating that its faster than a 911 (driven properly) and can do 161MPH is quite simply daft. It can't do 161MPH due to its gearing and overcoming aerodynamic drag.

Caporegime
Exactly, its a nice car i like it very much and everyone knows i like the 1.8T unit since its a lot of fun to mess around with them (when it doesn't break)...

Never once said it wasn't a nice car, but expecting to post what you have and people who know the engine and tuning potential not to question your claims then getting all arsey about it seems somewhat odd to me.

Soldato
I would have thought it would be geared for that sort of speed, just the standard car wouldnt get anywhere near. How many of you lot have ever properly redlined a car in its top gear?

The increase wheel size could also account for a higher top speed.

If given the rolling radius i could work out the gear ratios if anyones that bothered.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I would have thought it would be geared for that sort of speed, just the standard car wouldnt get anywhere near. How many of you lot have ever properly redlined a car in its top gear?

The increase wheel size could also account for a higher top speed.

I've maxed out my LCR, 154MPH on the GPS.

What increased wheel size, they are standard Ibiza Cupra R wheels.

Caporegime
When you get higher up the rev range in a turbo car the turbo itself is well a truley out of its power band, coupled with the fact that at 150mph the ibiza is just about at readline and trying to fight against the extra drag its going to gain speed very slowley.

I know this because the rate my car goes from 120 - 148mph (actually 142gps) which is 500 or so rpm off the redline, decreases massively.

Also Para has the 6 speed box, the ibiza will not be geared longer than the LCR.

Now looking at the porsche its not at the redline in top gear going these sorts of speeds and has loads more available power to pull much harder.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You are kidding right?

I said before, and ill say it again...do some research first before starting to call others liers or crazy

heres a friends cupra from Thessalloniki with bt. These readings are from his GPS..so its actual speed no speedometer readings...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GoqmxaY1SE&feature=channel_page

260km/h is standard on fine tuned ibizas like mine...but yet again i am talking bs right?

Associate
I also have a LCR, which I have had to ~140mph (indicated). I can't believe the Porsche story either. At that sort of speed my LCR is not gaining speed at a large rate anymore!

I was following a 911 at the time, which was moving away as it is WAY better designed for those speeds. Ibiza vs 911? Never!

Soldato
OP
Lol 280KPH on GPS. Again, just no.

173MPH in an Ibiza, hahahahahahaha.

its 270 not 280...

Why are you laughing. Why you compare your leon with the ibiza?

You still havent told me your specs...

Perhaps i should take the vid camera and upload a vid from my own car when the weather gets better...then well see whose laughing... :rolleyes:

Caporegime
its 270 not 280...

Why are you laughing. Why you compare your leon with the ibiza?

You still havent told me your specs...

Perhaps i should take the vid camera and upload a vid from my own car when the weather gets better...then well see whose laughing... :rolleyes:

My spec is stock except for remap and N249 bypass, and Forge 007p DV.

I do have the dyno printout to prove the power claims however.

The video shows (what I can only expect due to the stupid focus of the camera) to be 278KPH, closer to 280 than 270 I think you'll find "my friend".

IMPOSSIBLE on stock gearing, and it would need ridiculous power to overcome drag to haul itself up to 173MPH.

Last edited:
Caporegime
heres a friends ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka4WWBIYuHI

doing 260...also has a racelogic v-box mini

Now i should be the one laughing...

No, doing 256KPH not 260KPH. Which with enough increase in power would be about right. I'd imagine that is pushing 280BHP~

With enough extra power I'd be able to hit 158MPH too, but then I really would be at the redline.

Caporegime
So now he is going 159mph and not 170mph and look how slowley its gaining speed, acid test is for a resident OCUK porsche owner to post in here about how quickly a 911 gains speed over 140mph vs that video.

Caporegime
LOL

you have JUST a remap and you claim 265 BRAKE horse power ??? on a K04-023? so what 290-300 on the flywheel?

Its a joke...

And you claim to know things about this engine...with just a remap on your car?I will dissapoint you my friend but never try and drag race an 20vt fine tuned ibiza...youll regret it...

LOL

From a K04-023 setup in order to reach 300hp flywheel you need loads and loads of stuff..also custom made exhaust manifold...

I can get you whatever Hp dyno printout you want...it proves nothing...a drag run is your dyno...not a piece of paper...

Where did I claim 265BHP at the wheels. I'm talking about at the fly. :confused:

Associate
I really don't get the Porsche claim at all! Its got another 80bhp (ish) on the Ibiza how does it not keep up? *confused*

Getting to 160mph in a Ibiza, in theory, would be possible with extra power. But at some point aerodynamics will become a problem! Ibiza or even a Leon aren't exactly Supercar shaped. Brick comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom