Look of the forum

Soldato
I don't think there needs to be any sweeping changes, but as was mentioned, a few extra plugins would be nice. It's been a long time since I used vBulletin, it wasn't that plugin friendly back in the day, if you wanted that sort of thing you had to use phpBB or something like that. I'm sure it's come along since then though.

I do agree that it needs an update.

I cant actually think of what needs updating - I 'like' the thought of a like button but I can also see why people would use that instead of contributing.

Undoubtedly tho just like Facebook, I won't like the changes at first, then I'll get use to them, then I won't remember how it use to be.

Soldato
Been a lurker here for years before I joined. It should stay as it is.

It's uncluttered, functional (most of the time :p) and easy on the eyes.

I'd hate for this to change like some other forums with animated signatures, multi-coloured writing etc., looks horrid!

Soldato
I do agree that it needs an update.

I cant actually think of what needs updating

Great contribution, as is this post. :)

I like the forums as they are.. Like said before a notification when someone quotes you could be helpful.. Especially in the GH forum.

Though it may want to be toggleable (is that even a thing).. And maybe sub-forum specific (can that even be done)..

Associate
I think functionally the site is fine and dosen't need anything done to it. Aesthetically I would like to see the same color scheme but with a more modern interface (think metro-ish).

Associate
Absolutely no way. See what happens when Facebook adds something on the news feed? People erupt, people hate change. You'll never please everyone, and you will receive more complaints than compliments.

Source: Web designer.

Man of Honour
I love the simplicity, I love the colour scheme and I love the way it works perfectly on mobile devices. No change is required.

It doesn't work perfectly on a mobile device, the search box often had issues on Chrome on Android, plus zooming all the time isn't a good UX. I wish the interface would be easier to mod on the move too but simply having a mobile theme will make me much happier.

Back
Top Bottom