Looking for some advice on a home cinema setup

Way over budget mate!

Forget the atmos it's way too much money.

This is the one you linked before, would this be a good avr then if I choose to spend extra and skip the WiiM amp?

For your use, since it's multiple HDMI devices, video, HD audio, 4K, etc I would get a AVR. You just need HDMI going from that Denon monitor 1 out into the Projector HDMI number 1 input.

btw the Denon AVR's have built in audio streamer, so you get that as well, it's not as good as a dedicated audio streamer, but it's included.

It also has room EQ, you get a microphone, so it does levels, distance, and room EQ. Good idea to watch videos on that.

Good price for a LCR set 3.0, has damage but been repaired

new the 3050i are £450

That's the problem you would have to connect all devices to the projector, then projector E-ARC into the Wiim.

Or use a switch box, but I'm not sure if that will cause an issue, you'd need one with two HDMI outs? Say sources into HDMI box, then HDMI 1 out into projector, then HDMI 2 out into Wiim amp. I don't know if that has issues with HDCP, sync, E-ARC etc
Ok that makes sense, that's doable. Cheers!

For your use, since it's multiple HDMI devices, video, HD audio, 4K, etc I would get a AVR. You just need HDMI going from that Denon monitor 1 out into the Projector HDMI number 1 input.

btw the Denon AVR's have built in audio streamer, so you get that as well, it's not as good as a dedicated audio streamer, but it's included.

It also has room EQ, you get a microphone, so it does levels, distance, and room EQ. Good idea to watch videos on that.

Great information. I will have to start saving then for an AVR. Better to buy a device that'll suit my future requirements too. Just wish they weren't so expensive! I thought I could get something half decent for £200.

Good price for a LCR set 3.0, has damage but been repaired

new the 3050i are £450
Appreciate the links, but I think I will pass on buying 2nd hand equipment. I will just save up to buy new equipment. Good deals though!

You really do save loads buying 2nd hand, and avforums is safe. My 7.2.4 setup new must be 6-7k+ easily. Paid less than half that via AVF over the years, only new bits I have are 4 Atmos speakers overhead and a subwoofer driver for a DIY sub someone else made on there. Go 2nd hand unless your desperate for the latest new releases....

I can see why someone might have reservations with buying more complex electronics (amps, receivers etc) second hand, but speakers are absolutely fine and you'll get a lot more for your money.

Alright I'll start to look around on AV forums for 2nd hand speakers! Just a bit wary that's all

What about AVR's as it was discussed on here I need a somewhat decent one for 4k/5.1/Dolby and they seem to start at £400 new? Are they ok to buy used?

Last edited:

This package above which was linked here seems to be a good choice. It's £595 if you buy them seperate.

Add in this AVR as recommended too for £400:

That's £995

Or this package with AVR for £799. So £200 cheaper than the above combo. I'm assuming this would be good enough for my usage?

AVR do this package too:

For £999.

Lots of choices.

Another option which may be the smartest is to get an AVR like the Denon AVR-S660H for £400 and a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Bookshelf Speakers for £140 for £540 total now.

Then as I learn more about home cinema audio and save up more money I can then get a sub, then later on get another pair of speakers for the rear giving a 5.1 setup, but building it up slowly as I probably shouldn't spend £1000 on an audio setup off the bat

Last edited:
I do like Wharfdale speakers, the 9.1 are great for the money. I'm running some Evo 4.2s, I didn't pay full price, some great deals out there ;)

Upgrade? ;)

haha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom