Looking foward to picking up my canon incl lense for £1100

Associate
OP
Picking up my new camera from my colleague tommorow with a few other goodies, but you where right about the first lens, I alerted him at first instance and he has ordered me the correct lens for the Camera which I should have by tuesday, however I will have the body first thing from 7am tommorow and will upload some pics when I get a chance tommorow..

Associate
OP
Ok thanks for all the information. I have concluded from the pictures you have provided that.

You will never make it as photographer as the composition of the photo's are very bad, they are not straight and are far to dark.:p

You would be better off learning more with you point & shot and sending the 5D MkII to me for the price you paid. ;)

That was my partners camera, only reason why I am getting that particular camera is only because of the price i can get it for., I am getting the body for 1k.. and was quoted for the lens 400.00 but normally it cost 800.00 or something, picking up on next tuesday.. I will have to do a crash course or something in photography to be able to use the camera to its full potential, I will probably stick to the basic dig cam until I get the confidence to use..Great fun though..

Associate
OP
Even 1K though is probably below the proft margin for Canon and certainly less than the cost retailors will pay.

Some small chance it is a refurbished model, demo, or a prototype/tester.
Even if you bulk buyed 10,000 of the cameras from Canon I doubt the unit price would be anywhere close to 1K.

Hi dude, its brand new.. originally my mate ordered the wrong lens only compatible with another canon range which he quoted me £1200.00 for but as the price for MII Lens is more expensive I am getting it for £400, £1400 in total with a few other goodies, post pics tomoz ..

Associate
OP
so you'll just handed over a grand to a 'colleague' at 7am in the morning. Well that doesn't sound dodgy at all.

Edit.

Beginning to think more that he's not getting it from someone who works for canon either cos he wouldn't have made the mistake about the lens fittings.

Thanks for your comment even though I dont give a rats *** what u think..

Associate
OP
I paid what most people paid, I am not asking you to prove you pad £1,100. Hell, you could've paid £2k and bragged about getting it for £1k for all I care. The point i am making is your "supplier" is who i and most people think he is, then £1k is a lot of money to spend something with no warranty.

Also, did you buy the camera because it is a £900 saving or did you actually need a camera in the first place. (I think its a fair question.)

Mr Lin, I am disclosing no more information to you my friend.. and again you and the rest of the forum members think what you like dude, :( :( .. see ya Mr Lin..

Associate
OP
Narh, it's not about willy waving about something he is getting. People do that here all the time, from a new phone to a new car, there is nothing actually wrong with that. I do it too. There is nothing wrong too on getting a bargain, what is suspect is how that saving is achieve and the way OP is coming across in his posts.

No one would've said a thing if he said he knows someone who works high up in a giant electrical retailer who get crap loads of samples or something like that. The hush hush aspect is what has driven this thread to what it is.

p.s. My 5D2 box has a seal on it which i had to break, i can't see it on yours. :confused:

Aint you got the message yet.. get more confused..:D:D

Back
Top Bottom