Loop finished, only one leak so far, no disaster...

Associate
20130119204826.jpg

I've finished the loop I posted about earlier in the week. Leak tested it for 6 hours, then plugged it in, and tried a couple of benches. Honestly, if ever need a reason to go over to this, it's because of the drop in temps. My cards used to do 85 and 83 in skyrim after 10 mins.

Now, they max at 45 and 40. CPU temps has also dropped around 10C

However, I don't trust that rotary alphacool right angled barb in the pic, above the bog roll. Had to get some long nose pliers to tighten it, and the joint is slightly under load because of the pipe hanging down towards the drainage point. When I checked the fitting tonight, it had a tiny leak so I had to tighten it some more.

Are rotaries a bad idea. I bought everything else from OCUK except for them. Didn't really know what to shop for so I got these because I thought I might need them at some point.

Other than that, temps are honestly, immense. I really can't emphasize it enough.

Next steps:

- Some LEDS for the raystorm block in red.
- A replacement LED for the back of the res, I lost the one in the box.
- Replace that rotary with a fixed 90 degree elbow?

Leaving rig on now, not putting side of case on till I can trust that rotary.

Soldato
Alphacool Rotaries suck - fact

Without tools they are near impossible to get tight, I had some rotary thread extenders by alphacool on a radiator, they leaked until I took a pair of pliers to them.

The bitspower and EK rotaries have both been spot on for me though.

Soldato
Well there's parallel and serial but I thought it would best to set the in and out on the same card for parallel to work at it's best

It usually is as its the situation where its not possible to take an outlet from the bottom card (for serial) due to space/tube restrictions.

As long as temps are fine then don't worry about it, iirc some EK parallel bridges are serial and have top inlet bottom outlet :)

Back
Top Bottom