Lost Ark EU - !!

Soldato

We all play on Zinnervale, thankfully our group all paid for the base founders pack. But that has got to suck for those that have friends wanting to join once this officially releases. I imagine they might look into paid server transfers.

Also, they did this on the eastern servers a while back, they never lifted the restrictions as far as I'm aware.

In other news, I caved, too tired to keep playing lol. I've been doing a tonne of side content and taking my time, I'm Lv49 and a half, just got to Arthetine (apparently last area before you get your main class skill and the 'tutorial' ends and the game begins. I'd say I was going to try and smash out Lv50 before the flood of new people join tomorrow, but that's not a worry anymore :D

My wife absolutely crushed it, she stuck to the main story and has already done a raid or 2, multiple end game dungeons and geared up super fast. So it's really not that long to get to 50, if you stick to the main story only. But I like to explore

Associate
First impressions:

* Combat is fun. Skills look good, they are satisfying to use.
* Difficulty early on is extremely low. During the first few hours or so last night I was not challenged at all, didn't run into any situation where I needed to heal or reset. Hopefully difficulty ramps up later on.
* Graphics are a mixed bag. It looks like they maybe did an overhaul at some point but didn't do everything? Some of the NPC character models look terrible (comparatively low poly / low texture resolution) but some look as good as the player models. Same with the environment, some really pretty parts but also some parts that look like they were forgotten about at some point in development.
* Performance is overall pretty good. Some weird frame drops / stutters when loading an NPC conversation and a few other loading points - could just be server loads etc. Friend I was playing with had the same thing.
* Story hasn't grabbed me at all so far.

Soldato
The questing is so dumbed down it's unreal and each area is smaller than I expected. It's a g button spam fest just to rush through for most players I'd imagine. Combat is good but not seeing the hype. The weapons, gear and art work is so generic. Epic items might as well be grey/white. Reminds me of wolcen. Dungeons seem better and like the world bosses. Surprised the shop doesn't have skins yet.

Associate
I just finished preloading so now I'm ready to rumble! :p
giphy.gif

Man of Honour
Gave it a try but its not one for me, I just never click with the asian aesthetic style in games, the way characters are modelled - the instant necessity to have a tiny 2 foot child-like race and the people running about wielding 25ft long weapons like they are made of helium. Its getting very positive reviews but my little jaunt in the game felt repetitive (even in the short period of time) , extremely easy and simply didnt click with me in the way that Titan Quest, Diablo and Path of Exile do. That combined with the aesthetic means I'm out :)

Soldato
And now I have to do work... Urgh.

I very much doubt we'll play again tonight, the queues even on locked servers will be insane. I was so close to getting my awakening skills. 3 more hand in quests :(

Soldato
We all play on Zinnervale, thankfully our group all paid for the base founders pack. But that has got to suck for those that have friends wanting to join once this officially releases. I imagine they might look into paid server transfers.

Also, they did this on the eastern servers a while back, they never lifted the restrictions as far as I'm aware.

In other news, I caved, too tired to keep playing lol. I've been doing a tonne of side content and taking my time, I'm Lv49 and a half, just got to Arthetine (apparently last area before you get your main class skill and the 'tutorial' ends and the game begins. I'd say I was going to try and smash out Lv50 before the flood of new people join tomorrow, but that's not a worry anymore :D

My wife absolutely crushed it, she stuck to the main story and has already done a raid or 2, multiple end game dungeons and geared up super fast. So it's really not that long to get to 50, if you stick to the main story only. But I like to explore

Yeah as of right now we're all on Zinnervale in the OcUK guild.

Lost Ark doesn't support server transfers, never has.

Raids haven't been released yet, they will in a month - their 8 man.

We need a second OcUK guild once the f2p guys get on, we're thinking it should be called OnlyScrubs, our current guild is OnlyGulls. This is due to Zinnervale currently being locked for the short foreseeable future. We'll still be able to raid together even if we're on different servers and will all have access to the same Auction House etc. The only things we can't do is party up in the world and do guild vs guild pvp battles since their server specific.

Soldato

We need a second OcUK guild once the f2p guys get on, we're thinking it should be called OnlyScrubs, our current guild is OnlyGulls. This is due to Zinnervale currently being locked for the short foreseeable future. We'll still be able to raid together even if we're on different servers and will all have access to the same Auction House etc. The only things we can't do is party up in the world and do guild vs guild pvp battles since their server specific.

Interesting, We've got 7 of us in our guild right now, we're all close friends on Discord every night. We'll probably keep that going for a while but it might be worth us jumping into the OcUK guild just so we can reap more benefits from the larger guild.

Associate

OcUK Guild looking to raid together, that will surely work out.

Soldato
Any info which of the new servers will have more English speakers?

they are basically all full already, the main English servers are locked for new players for the forcible future. Queues where up at like 20k last night
I joined a low pop server last night, can't remember which but chat was mixed but no hostility. No idea if it will stay like that with the flood tonight

Just don't open any pre-order loot etc for the first week, see how the servers and possible transfers plays out. Worst case is to just level a new char which can be really quick to lvl 50 skipping side content

Associate
they are basically all full already, the main English servers are locked for new players for the forcible future. Queues where up at like 20k last night
I joined a low pop server last night, can't remember which but chat was mixed but no hostility. No idea if it will stay like that with the flood tonight

Just don't open any pre-order loot etc for the first week, see how the servers and possible transfers plays out. Worst case is to just level a new char which can be really quick to lvl 50 skipping side content

Oh i thought they were going to release more fresh servers for today.

Soldato
Oh i thought they were going to release more fresh servers for today.

Yeah but the servers aren't assigned a language, so it'll be a free for all on which languages dominate on each server

depending on what you want to do though it probably doesn't matter much. Apparently can do a lot of end game content cross server in the end game

Back
Top Bottom