LOST..... How do you think it will end

Soldato
Are all side flashes not in the real life ie from all seasons or only the future flashes from last few seasons? I am confused!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Watch S06E00, it's a recap from Season 1 to right before the finale.

But to answer your question, S1-S3 were flashbacks, expect the last part of the last episode. S4 & S5 we flash forwards IIRC and 'flash sideways/ideal world' were only in S6.

Soldato
Are all side flashes not in the real life ie from all seasons or only the future flashes from last few seasons? I am confused!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

In previous seasons we saw flashes to specific times, the past, present, future. This seasons flashes weren't to any specific time at all, it was to a timeless place from after each of them had died. So for some of them who died in earlier seasons or during the sixth, it isn't that far away at all. But for Hugo and Ben? who knows how long they spent guarding the light, could have been another 10 minutes could have been a 1000 years.

Soldato
Season 1-2 Flashbacks, Season's 3-4-5 Flash forwards, Season 6 Purgatory/alternate dimension/dead persons waiting room for heaven or whatever you want to call it.

Basically everything you see prior to season 6 is real, All the stuff that you see happen on the island in season 6 is real, all the stuff you see in the dreamy "real" world in season 6 is life after death.

Although the final episode did not answer the burning question on everyone's mind "What the hell is up with that island!??!" we still got a nice happy ending. It also kind of hints toward the meaning of the island in the real world with the light being protected from man, man not being able to experience the light and man protecting the light from those who seek to experience it.

Does this sound like the light is for the eye's of the dead only? I.E the light of heaven? After all no living person ever goes to heaven, so with the only gateway to heaven being located on the island it does make sense to protect it from man and his greed.

Also the island is full of the whispers of those dead who cannot pass into the light due to past life sinfulness.

This is my view on the island and the story of lost, I doubt we will ever get a straight answer form the writers as I do not believe that even they know. The only person that could give the answer is the original protector of the island, that person would have been given the responsibility to protect the light by the creator/discoverer. Only that person would know it's true meaning. With all living characters on the show leading back to the "mother" of Jacob and the MIB it would be impossible to get an answer as not even she knew the reason for being there. The only way an answer would be given is if the creator of the light came to tell them all him/herself. That would be too easy though wouldn't it ;)

Caporegime
they should do a reboot at series 3 and make it a sci-fi/mystery island.

why didnt MIB kill every in the early seasons? like when he would chase people in the jungle and they would hide in the leaves of trees.....

you know when we were lead to believe it was a dinosaur or some such.

you know why? because everything after the first few series seems to be a bunch of made up crap written as they went along with a stupid ending that everyone seems to have lapped up.

Soldato
Where do I send hate mail too then, because that was the biggest cop out I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing. I think that was the worst ending that could possibly have been written. If I could swear then I'd fill 15 pages more of this thread with my profanities.

I wish I had stopped watching this series, when the writers stopped caring, and realised they created a twisted knot of nonsensical rubbish.

Last edited:
Soldato
you know why? because everything after the first few series seems to be a bunch of made up crap written as they went along with a stupid ending that everyone seems to have lapped up.

Not everyone has lapped up the ending. I thought it was extremely poor. And this is coming from someone who thought that the final season was one of the best seasons of any TV show.

My belief is that when they started the show, its general storyline was:

1. plane crash lands with people on board.
2. all people on the island are marooned.
3. finding out the secrets of the dinosaur, eg why does it have healing properties, what is the dinosaur creature, what is the Dharma initiative, hoping for rescue, etc etc
4. And eventually, those who survive get rescued and the show ends.

Then, due to the success, they decided to introduce "the others" and elongate the story.

Then as the show progressed (with 5 season's worth of baggage), the writers had to come up with an easy way to close the show, in a single season (season 6).

The easiest way to deal with this would've been to have them wake up from some form of mass hulicination/dream, which in a round about way, is effectively, what the writers came up with - God's waiting room. Using this explanation, they were able to explain the entire 6 seasons in one swoop.

Last edited:
Soldato
IM trying not to spoil the end by looking at anything in this thread.
Can anyone please tell me exactly how long the final episode is?

I have it in 2 files, one is 50 minutes and the other 53. Is this correct - I thought someoneone mentioned it was 2hrs30mins long?

Soldato
@SuperCar: 2hrs 30 including adverts of course :)

The easiest way to deal with this would've been to have them wake up from some form of mass hulicination/dream, which in a round about way, is effectively, what the writers came up with - God's waiting room. Using this explanation, they were able to explain the entire 6 seasons in one swoop.

Not really. God's waiting room (which is not actually God's) only explains the flash sideways. What happened on the island over the 6 seasons, happened. The sideways stuff was a means to an end, a way for all those flawed characters to relive a happy life and realise which people were actually most important in their; a chance for them to redeem themselves before they head to the afterlife.

Soldato

Nope, They only explained the side universe in season 6 not the entire series. The island is not gods waiting room, the dream world they live in and where they come to remember and realise they are dead is gods waiting room. Everything else happened in the real world before they died.

Soldato
For me I was always hoping the flash sideways in season 6 was a proper alt timeline and Desmond was gathering everyone together so they could choose which timeline to hop into at the end. But before that, or as part of that process Alt Locke could face up with Fake Locke, a Battle of the Lockes so to speak, preferably with Ben somehow sacrificing himself in the process, for the little runt that he been througout the show. Jack would also have some input, probably a his trademark pained look put to good use somewhow.

Desmond would then explain all about the island, as the implication from the point in the season when Alt Desmond became aware of the real world, was that if anyone it was going to be Desmond who would be in a position to explain everything about everything at the end, as it implied he was now the know-it-all goto man with all the answers. I would have bought that, they wouldn't have needed to explain why he knew, he was Special Desmond afterall.

The final moments would have been the Losties choosing there respective destinies, i.e. to take their chances in the alt timeline or go back to the island. Probably would have made sense if those who were actually dead in the real world were the ones to get a second chance in the alt world. Something like that anyway.

If Ashes to Ashes hadn't had the same basic ending a week before I maybe wouldn't have been so dissatisfied with the Lost ending. It basically stole a large wad of its thunder.

Back
Top Bottom