Lost In Space - Netflix reboot

Caporegime

Who? :confused::mad:

There's what looks like a black teenage girl in there (Who's pretty cute actually). Hopefully she isn't the Mary-Sue type whos there just to blow smoke up a minorities ass like what the current fad in Hollywood is right now. It would be refreshing if she was just normal.

It would be refreshing for a change, just have a normal character instead of them being "special" in some way. Getting old fast.

Caporegime
Apparently Dr Smith is a woman this time around played by Parker Posey (because "reasons") yet still supposedly has the name Zachary. If that's true seems like someones been watching too much Star Trek Discovery.

Soldato
Who? :confused::mad:

It would be refreshing for a change, just have a normal character instead of them being "special" in some way. Getting old fast.

Undoubtedly there will have to be a gay/lesbian/one of every kind quota met. Everyone has to be a special little ********* instead of abnormal.

* Why the hell is "S.N.O.W.F.L.A.K.E blocked?!

The 90's film was great... Lacey Chabert... hot (though scarily I think she was 16 at the time) :|

Soldato
The only thing I liked about the 90s film version was the spider attack scene. Le Blanc's helmet and gun combo was awesome. The rest of the film was tripe though. Especially that Jar Jar clone thing they rescued. Hopefully, this version will be substantially better.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
No, it was designed by his dad, from what i remember, but let's face it - alien robot gives them perfectly lazy "miracle solution" plot device - who knows what an alien robot can do to rescue them from peril again and again, right?

Caporegime
Looks like the Jupiter space ship is in constant peril every ten seconds lol.

Falling off a cliff, sinking in water, crushed by landslides.... This shows going to be ..... A blast?

Commissario
Looks like the Jupiter space ship is in constant peril every ten seconds lol.

Falling off a cliff, sinking in water, crushed by landslides.... This shows going to be ..... A blast?
Which pretty much reminds me of the original...

I suspect some people are forgetting the sort of stories the original B&W version had, and that it was a "young adults" (if not outright kids) show even then.
i remember it being on at something like 10 or 11am on a Sunday on C4 when I was about 8 to give an idea of the timeslots it was deemed suitable for,

Caporegime
I can barely even remember the original except the creepy dick dastardly uncle and the cool robot.
The film was good with a weird ending.
There is so much to watch on TV/Netflix. I don't even know where to start.

Soldato
Parker Posey, I **** thee not. Dr Zachary Smith is now a woman.
This isn't necessarily a problem. If she's been chosen because she's sincerely thought to be the best role for the job, then great. If she's been chosen because she's a woman in some kind of weird "equality" thing, then that's concerning, and kinda patronising to women

Back
Top Bottom