Lost In Space - Netflix reboot

Soldato
I can barely even remember the original except the creepy dick dastardly uncle and the cool robot.
The film was good with a weird ending.
There is so much to watch on TV/Netflix. I don't even know where to start.

Apparently the ending was weird because they had a trilogy planned that obviously never happened.

I have the first down as a guilty pleasure as well, decent little movie.

Soldato
Apparently Dr Smith is a woman this time around played by Parker Posey (because "reasons") yet still supposedly has the name Zachary. If that's true seems like someones been watching too much Star Trek Discovery.

From what I remember of the original series the actor played it incredibly camp so having a female actor isn't too much of a change :)

Man of Honour
First episode wasn't terrible IMO - not sure how fans of the original would receive it though - so far seems reasonably decent sci-fi - I'm not that pulled in by it so far but it has potential.

Soldato
Maureen Robinson is already doing my head in. Too busy bossing people around like they're some sort of robot. Onto episode 3 right now, not really sure what to make of it thus far as the characters are still being established. I grew up watching the originals back in the day and loved every episode - Jonathan Harris who played Zachary Smith was just legendary.

Soldato
Just saw a trailer, can't help but think that the Jupiter 2 was owned by the Illusive Man and Cerberus, and Will Robinson discovers a Geth trooper, the colours and styles look very similar

Soldato
The original series was before my time but i did watch a lot of the episodes as a kid. The one that stuck with me was the Trip Through The Robot episode where the robot went all giant like and ther crew went inside it to try and fix the problem.
Just saw a trailer, can't help but think that the Jupiter 2 was owned by the Illusive Man and Cerberus, and Will Robinson discovers a Geth trooper, the colours and styles look very similar

I know ME was first thing i thought as well.

Caporegime
First 2 episodes so far, pretty decent but it really smacks of a series where the kids will essentially take over, pretty much already happens in the second episode to a degree.

Found it pretty amusing the robots torso is somehow caught in a tree (the same one Will just happens to climb), despite having numerous arms that can go from long and spindly to more bulky and human like it couldn't manage to free itself. Yet Will (who is actually reminding me of Jake Lloyd from phantom menace) cuts through the limb in seconds with the worlds most effective piece of metal wire. :p

Just hope the Robot isn't destined to be Wills dog, which seems to be all it is so far, and actually develops more as it continues on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom