Lost In Space - Netflix reboot

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Felt the show was good, had some nice moments and special effects were movie quality. Dr smith is annoying somewhat though.

Glad its renewed for season 2, but yeah its one of those shows that may get the chopping block sometimes I do also feel a big budget 2hr movie would have
done it better justice.

Soldato
Like many others I trudged my way through this hoping it would get better. It showed glimmers of being a good show at times but the characters really wound me up. It einds me up when someone has critical information that needs to be instantly shared but they decide to go off on their own or take an age to pass it on. There also seemed to be no sense of urgency in anything they did considering the predicament they were in. Will not be watching season 2 if it returns. On a plus note, the Mrs loved it :)

Caporegime
Only two episodes left, this has been a [moderately enjoyable] grind.

Edit - danger Will Robinson! He's a ******* danger to everyone around him :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Me too, I actually think that is a fun movie and Heather Graham is awesome.

There were only three things in the movie that were good.
1. Heather Graham :D
2. The Skin tight space suit with Heather Graham in it.. and..
3. Get Busy Child music at the end

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Its pretty good so far. There was a few irrational moments but what series hasn't.

-—–---------------------

Can't wait until season 2. Very surprised as I was expecting it to be really bad after reading comments.

Last edited:
Soldato
Jeez, this show was terrible. I wanted to end Dr Smith from within the first few episodes. She's an utterly useless character that brings nothing to the show whatsoever. Her "plans" are barely devious and so shallow, and I cannot believe that rocket scientists and other intelligent minds couldn't see right through her from the start. And you'd have at least expected John, as the special forces veteran to have known what she was about. Her "plotline" (I'll put it in quotes because you can barely call it that) was so weak and brought nothing to the show. I ended up fast forwarding her scenes because I just couldn't stand watching her rubbish, and I found the actor playing her annoying as hell.

The pacing of each episode was dreary, and I felt like the writers were just creating issues at every point just to throw some drama into the mix. It felt so forced and I certainly won't be watching season 2. I'm really surprised that it has been renewed.

I feel sorry for Toby Stephens and Molly Parker. I thought Toby Stephens was really good in Black Sails, but even though he's a main character in Lost In Space, I don't feel like you really get to know anything about him, and his scenes are barely more than just him being the unsung hero. Molly Parker's character is awful, she's so sombre for the first few episodes, living with this "secret" that she cheated to get her child into space, and I don't feel like her character doesn't really gets going either. The ending was rubbish. Are we really supposed to believe that all of the stuff in the final episode just happened to go on at exactly the right time? Yeah, whatever. I also found that things jumped a lot. Like an episode would end, and then something new would be going on but how they got to that part wasn't explained.

It's a shame. It had potential, but how they passed up on The Expanse for this is beyond me. Amazon have got a better series on their hands for sure.

Caporegime
Question.

I swear in a flash back, we saw fairly significant explosions throughout the Resolute. How is it still functioning?

Man of Honour
I thought it was pretty good tbh.. Easy watching and entertaining.. some of the acting was a bit shoddy at times but hey. It's a a SciFi about a family leaving earth and getting lost.. Given some of the comments above, I'm not sure what people were expecting tbh.

Caporegime
I just had a post deleted from this thread and I haven't even been here for about 28 days? Can't even remember what it said.

And i just got a pm about one of my posts from back in february about the shoe horning in of bi\trans people in shows to make their shows get press and seem "with it". Meh.

Caporegime
I thought it was OK-ish, enjoyable enough for me to watch the whole series at least.

There were plenty of silly moments though...

I'm sure everyone remembers from GCSE science lessons that ice starts forming at the top of a pond/lake first... apparently not in this world - seemingly ice forms at the bottom too and does so in mere seconds resulting in a human swimming in water one moment and being trapped in solid ice the next. Oh and in spite of the ridiculously cold temperatures that instantly freeze this water the people beside this body of water are perfectly fine to have their skin exposed.

Lets not even talk about the rocket fuel drinking eels that apparently live half way up a mountain, seemingly come from nowhere and are cool with being frozen etc.. and apparently just a small shoal of of them can drain two entire fuel tanks while still maintaining their usual shape (like their stomaches have similar tech to Dr Who's Tardis)... also incredibly bad luck that all the Jupiter shuttles all landed in water where these rocket fuel drinking eels were present, not a single one on dry land.

the escape from the tar pit was also getting into the realms of silliness

They shouldn't need to write in ridiculous escape scenarios in order to build up tension or convey the fact that these people are in danger etc... but I guess perhaps audiences expect lots and lots of ridiculous escapes these days

I agree with earlier sentiments that the "Dr" character was annoying, I guess they needed a bad guy but still...

oh and a few epodes before the end (when they already had suspicions about her) they're looking through a database of all passengers to figure out who to pilot the stripped down Jupiter up to the Resolute... they've literally got pictures of all the passengers in a big database and have been looking through them all... they can (and should have) been able to see the real Dr

Commissario
Decided to binge this over last few days. It was alright.

Seems a bit weird that they only get 'lost in space' at the end of the final episode though. Talk about a slow buildup.
I think it's basically building to a slightly more realistic reason why such a small number of people, including kids got lost in space :)

As opposed to the original series where the American government thought it was just fine and peachy to send a family, and pilot out on their own to begin with (the whole "family ship/lander/lifeboat" makes a lot more sense)

Back
Top Bottom