US: lucifer

Soldato
Two great musical sections in that episode. Especially the massive nod to Miami Vice but also Lucifer staying awake for a week with 'Turn it Down For What?' over the top. The video to which is just ******* mental.

Soldato
After last weeks great episode we're back to being a teen love story again this week, I really hope that they have something good coming in the last 3 episodes as this is turning into a CW show now.

Soldato
Agree. I've no idea where this is all headed now. Tricia Helfers character seems wasted because I haven't a clue what her storyline is. Maze has been pointless for a good while since returning from her pregnancy and Detective Douche has taken a back seat too. Would be nice if the show focused on the great scheme of things again instead of murderer of the week plot.

I hugely enjoy the show so I hope it gets back on its feet.

Associate
I'm curious if this it got it's episode run extended this year or something, because it really felt like they haven't had a clue what to do since the Cain reveal.

Associate
I'm curious if this it got it's episode run extended this year or something, because it really felt like they haven't had a clue what to do since the Cain reveal.

Season 1 was 13 episodes, 2 was extended to 18, and now 3 is 24 episodes. Though, IRC, those extra six this year were actually ordered on the back of season 2. But yes, I think we are seeing all the classic symptoms of TV bloat...

Soldato
Some of the episodes we got in season 3 we're supposed to be at the end of s2 but they didn't air them then for some reason why we got the random flashback episodes and side stories that didn't tie into the main ones such as going with Ella to Las Vegas.

Soldato
I did a Warner Studio tour the other day in Hollywood. The sound stage for Lucifer was not filming so they took us through (I wasn't allowed to take photos) but I literally walked through his "loft apartment" and stood on that balcony. It was way more cool than I thought it would be!

CSCaPSDUwAA_BAh.jpg

Soldato
It really does feel like there is a lot of filler, well not even filler just rubbish, episodes this season. I didn't actually mind some of the stand alone episodes, like the Las Vegas one gave change for Ella's character to develop outside of the normal CSI role. The whole Lucifer Chloe will they won't they was sometimes too much but oftentimes felt like a parody when taken with Lucifer and Linda's conversations which kept an old trope fun for me. However the whole Cain / Chloe / Lucifer relationship drama is just a rubbish love triangle.

There is only a few episodes left and I'm thinking (maybe more hoping) that Lucifer tries to protect Chloe from Cain by telling her who Cain really is. Obviously, Cain is no longer immortal so he can't kill him to demonstrate it and it ends up with Lucifer getting so angry at Cain that he gets his devil face back which reveals it to Chloe too.

Man of Honour
I've mostly enjoyed it this season - sure in some ways it feels like it is marking time rather than progressing but I've found it entertaining enough and a reasonable distraction.

Soldato
Best episode of the season this week possibly, so much story pushed forward and that ending. Next week is the s3 finale and they only find out if their getting renewed tomorrow.

Soldato
Tuned off for most of that episode but caught the ending. Wow. Could someone explain why Pierce did what he did please?

Assuming you’ve wathed the previous ones so you know about the plan he had with Maze and everything with Chloe. Basically he changed his mind about becoming mortal and dying so wanted to get his mark / curse back and figured killing an angel (Amenadiel) would force God to give him his mark / curse back. Charlotte obviously jumped in the way so that bit was an accident.

As for if Amenadiel will be vengeful, I hope we see Lucifer go full devil on Pierce. You look back at the earlier seasons with the music producer in the first episode, throwing the guy through the window, the brother sister fake kidnap and you realise he has been quite restrained recently. Some of that is to do with loosing his devil face but he has been doing any sort of punishment.

Back
Top Bottom