***Lumia 950/950XL***

Associate
Topcashback are now offering £63 on the 950XL from the MS Store. So that makes it £276 with a free dock - I'm tempted to replace my 640XL with one! (But I am trying very hard to resist.)

Just a bit gutted my recent purchase of the 950 for my wife didn't attract the current £42. Oh well.

Associate
Holy thread resurrection!!
Picked up a continuum dock from Vodafails fleabay page. £30. Bargain.
Works really well and quite a few of the apps i have are Continuum compatible.
BT sport app works really well, runs in HD and very little lag over wifi.
Need to find a compatible USB-Ethernet adaptor now.

Soldato
Another Thread resurrection :) I am just after buying one the 950 for pretty cheap. Was waiting for the surface phone but after reading that it might be delayed until the end of 2018 I decided I needed to buy now.

Been using the HTC 8x since 2012, so I was due a change. I like the windows phone, it has all the apps I need and use. So hopefully the 950 will be as good as the HTC 8x was. It was a completely trouble free phone.

Associate
I have a Lumia 830 running latest Insider Preview download from this week. The latest fast ring release is great but the bluetooth is now broken and you can make new connections.

Enjoy your new phone, the camera looks excellent.

Soldato
Thanks, i am liking it so far. Is*it worth going on the insider program? Maybe we might get the new big update month or two early.

Associate
the 950 is a great phone but the OS is letting it down now in my eyes. I was having random freezes, restarting for no reason and a few other niggles. my wifi calling was no longer working after one of the updates.. it was just to much for me I went back to android

My mate also had the 950 and he was complaining of the same niggles as I had.. hes also switched

Soldato
OP
melmac;30495977 said:
Thanks, i am liking it so far. Is*it worth going on the insider program? Maybe we might get the new big update month or two early.

No its not, always breaking stuff.
Went back to my 950xl after using an S7 edge for three weeks, not sure how people use it to be honest.

Soldato
Even the "stable" releases have issues, bluetooth on the 930 has not worked properly since the win10 release, unable to push notifications if it hasn't been used for a few hours, sometimes can't push calls to bluetooth but will happily send you a notification that you have missed the call. Their latest security fix changed some protocols which the Barclays mobile banking app relied on for mobilePIN, rendering those features useless and Barclays admitted they have no timeframe for a fix even though they have been aware of the issue for over 3 months. I would love to upgrade to a 950 when my 930 battery no longer lasts a day but Microsoft seem to have a habit of removing features with every update.

Soldato
OP
melmac;30498508 said:
Were you on the slow or fast ring?

Was on fast for a long time, got sick of it so moved myself to Slow ring.
I wish I could get out of it altogether but MS have made the most ridiculous assault course to get out of it fully I have just left it on slow ring.

They have bungled a couple of updates in the last few months that actually breaks the update service, I know this is a testers only thing, but thats beyond incompetence.

Soldato
I am on the slow ring at the moment, decided to give a try. So far everything works fine, a few things that didn't work on the HTC 8x now work on the 950. Will probably meet a few bugs as I use it more but haven't had a phone yet that didn't have some kind of issue.

Soldato
Very tempted to get a 950XL to replace my 640XL before they disappear completely ! Mine is Dual SIM though, they are harder to find but are there on the usual sites.

Associate
I'm getting seriously frustrated with my 640xl. It's just getting too slow. Opening apps like WhatsApp takes and age. It never used to. And I can't be arsed to do a factory reset, to see if it might make it better.

I want to stick with WinMo (glutton for punishment) and there doesn't seem to be much choice at the moment. The 950xl prices have crept up again and although I think I could still pick up an HP Elite X3 for £500 (they're currently running a promo with £100 trade in and I can get it for £600 through work), paying £500 for a phone that won't hold it's value (it's WinMo, afterall) seems wrong.

Last edited:
Associate
The BT Shop are offering the 950xl for £220. I couldn't resist. I may well live to regret it, if for no other reason that my wife will kill me for spending £220. :)

Back
Top Bottom