***Lumia 950/950XL***

Soldato
I think if the card takes a knock it disconnects. It always sorts itself out.
The problems for me are from the reset. So its a bug from the start.

I've had bugs with Android, and iOS (very few with IOS), but never so many and for so long as WP.

Soldato
My 640XL is fantastic for the price. It can be a bit slow sometimes, but what do you expect for a sub £150 phone with a big screen. Screen quality is superb as is the camera. Only issue I have had are SD errors, and some W10 instability, but I've had it for over a year and am very happy with it. I may well pick up a 950XL if prices drop a bit more.

Associate
My 640XL is fantastic for the price. It can be a bit slow sometimes, but what do you expect for a sub £150 phone with a big screen. Screen quality is superb as is the camera. Only issue I have had are SD errors, and some W10 instability, but I've had it for over a year and am very happy with it. I may well pick up a 950XL if prices drop a bit more.

My first windows phone was the 640 I really liked it the only thing that let it down for me was I kept comparing the camera to my old S4. ( 640 only has 8mgp compared to the xl's 13mgp)
I then got myself a 930 which was a lemon ended out using an old 1020 for a bit until I finally got a replacement 930. as I said earlier I got the 950 yesterday and Im really impressed with it over the 930 and its a lot better than my old 640

Last edited:
Associate
My wife's 950 turned up the day before yesterday and she's very happy with it. There was a major problem with it losing WiFi though.

It'd connect to our home wifi, then after a short while disappear. It would then spend all it's time searching, but reporting no networks. The only way to get connection back was to reboot the phone. But then it would re-occur.

I then noticed nothing from the Store would install. I'd get constant errors. The phone was also getting really, really hot.

I tried multiple resets to no avail; soft and hard.

After searching a few forums I tried deleting the 5GHz connection and connecting to the 2GHz one. It remained stable and apps started to download. Then a phone update appeared out of the blue, despite previously reporting that none were available.

As far as I am aware it's been alright today, but I haven't tried re-connecting to the 5GHz.

It came with a free dock, but I can't see us using it. So am considering selling it to off-set the price of the handset.

Last edited:
Soldato
My wife's 950 turned up the day before yesterday and she's very happy with it. There was a major problem with it losing WiFi though.

It'd connect to our home wifi, then after a short while disappear. It would then spend all it's time searching, but reporting no networks. The only way to get connection back was to reboot the phone. But then it would re-occur.

I then noticed nothing from the Store would install. I'd get constant errors. The phone was also getting really, really hot.

I tried multiple resets to no avail; soft and hard.

After searching a few forums I tried deleting the 5GHz connection and connecting to the 2GHz one. It remained stable and apps started to download. Then a phone update appeared out of the blue, despite previously reporting that none were available.

As far as I am aware it's been alright today, but I haven't tried re-connecting to the 5GHz.

It came with a free dock, but I can't see us using it. So am considering selling it to off-set the price of the handset.

Experienced the same, along with a host of other issues. I'm getting rid as well.

Associate
Experienced the same, along with a host of other issues. I'm getting rid as well.

I came close to sending it back the very same day. But after switching home wifi networks from 5GHz to 2GHz it seems to have settled down and is now behaving.

Apps are now installing and wifi is stable.

And it's nowhere near as hot as it used to be.

I bought from the MS UK store, via topcashback. So the cashback and dock were an added bonus to what I think is a reasonable price. However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the price dropped further, they always do, but there comes a time when you have to take the plunge. And my wife was getting frustrated with her 830's camera.

Last edited:
Associate
my only gripe with mine is I don't think the battery is as good as my old 930 but I got it for free and its not been used for months so it could just need reconditioned

Wonder if it will get cheaper, my contract is up soon and I could go SIM only.

Ive been SIM only for years. still to buy a new phone aswell ive always bought 2nd hand ones.

whats the dock like?

Associate
Ive no complaints software wise and mines is running the latest insider build.

the battery seems to be better after a couple of cycles but as I said I think that was down to it not getting used since the start of the year.

The wifes chuffed with my old 930 as her old 1020 has decided to go mute and gives out no sound.
( I think Im needing to flash it back to 8.1 as its on 10 but she wanted 10 for the games )

Soldato
I'd love to pick up a 950XL at a good price, to replace my 640XL. I'll be keeping any eye on things ! Will have to be a DUAL-SIM version though, same as my 640XL is.

Back
Top Bottom