| LUMO |

Associate
OP
stxPFYX.png

The EK package arrived!

Lets start with the pump...

Now,im a well known advocate of the mighty D5 but this build doesnt have the space so I had to go with the DDC. As any watercooling enthusiast will tell you,there are caveats for running DDC's at high speeds,namely keeping it cool. The heatsink kit will go a long way in to doing just that.

wbVt7y2.jpg

VWtG9i3.jpg

guELHmV.jpg

6w9wsFh.jpg

JHPvFZX.jpg

Zr9uZiM.jpg

If you are going to have a DDC then go PWM,your pump will thank you for it.

WnS8gw4.jpg

Fittings and rads were also sent....pics later,you have all seen fittings before but I made the fatal mistake of washing my black background with normal detergent and its ruined for close up stuff,the optical brighteners just shagged it proper for macro stuff...

Lesson learnt!​

Associate
OP
Did a bit more striping on the finished top to tie it in too.

I have a new background coming tomorrow,a nice dark grey vinyl,should allow me to make dark shots without having to make severe adjustments to kill the background out.

AdKweFc.jpg

3iENWkI.jpg

Associate
OP
UoKEY9J.png

No watercooling loop is complete without control and again I turn to Aquacomputer for their Aquaero 6 Pro controller,provided by my goto watercooling supplier,[REDACTED]

I decided against the touchscreen number,mainly as I normally just disable i anyway and this has a better look to it,just the screen and the 3 buttons. The heatsink is on route as we speak.

OUwwLRr.jpg

QOHNiAu.jpg

EvFXi4X.jpg

4GBSfja.jpg

I love the functionality of the unit,particularly the IR on/off,it totally declutters the front and carries everything I would want to know about the state of the rig.​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
fiH0Ooa.png

Keeping the updates thick and fast,the EK PE rads have arrived!
This is great as the trays should be in my hands this week and I need to start betting the rad/fan assemblies ready for on tray placement. I dont have a massive amount of room so thickness could be an issue...we will soon see how well i judged it.

Or not.

cCcJ0Iq.jpg

juzbjDH.jpg

a23VjII.jpg

VRwmfOP.jpg

ZyGC6Pp.jpg

Thin but high FPI,just what I need!

4n4bg3p.jpg

The reason I went with these rads specifically is size and the ability to remove the sides for painting,black marbling will look very tidy with the graphics going over the top of it.​

Associate
OP
The flouro plugs arrived!,the whole PSU is being decked out in Teleios Dark grey and those lumo plugs,

VnKxV3d.jpg

AWbUzjw.jpg

9yuuzAz.jpg

Should look good plugged into the exposed backside of the Aquaero...which has the heatsink arriving tomorrow also.

In Win provide a very tidy 240 rad holder that shrouds the fans completely...I like this very much so I called In Win and they sent a second shroud for the second rad,great success!

There will be an E22 FG03 going on to the face to tidy it up....

KBzqzBX.jpg

THE STAINLESS STEEL TRAYS ARRIVE TOMORROW!!!!

Associate
OP
the fan headers on the BQ fans are perfect. really like the subtle accents on the hardware.

Thanks,because the layout is so simplistic you need to add texture of detail to break it up a little.

pdHbZ3F.png

The trays arrived yesterday and I got the marbling done today,this is still raw with no clearcoat so its a bit bumpy. I still have to smooth it a little with some wet and dry and then lots of clear,sanding in between to flat of the high points but fill the low. It will get depth and the clear will soften the edges of the marble.

The standoffs are bolt thru M3 from Wurth Electronik,11mm. This is so I can use the banchetto PCI clamps.

bRms9nT.jpg

NvWANZR.jpg

DrbJwOs.jpg

And the FG03 from E22 to go one the front facing rad/fan assembly.

MTzb5FH.jpg

Associate
OP
Amazing work as always !

Can I send you my credit card to build something ? :D

If you want something built,Im sure I can do something for you.

YIQw8GU.png

So...The trays are painted and fitted with some 25mm spacers until the acrylic arrives.
Also,first time out for the grey backdrop with all that yellow!

Nate@e22 turned these around very quickly for me,I thought the renders looked cool but to see it in the case has made up my mind that I am on the right track.

HhbnFav.jpg

k0irbDV.jpg

Vg6nWpu.jpg

d2fh3tF.jpg

I marbled the rad sides and made a graphic for them,jury is out as to whether I use it or not...thats a job for after fitment and a little look-see.

Due to the incredibly tight space in the frame,I reckon that if I use 20" of tube I will be amazed!

zoiAKgb.jpg

9XnMSTI.jpg

A2ZvxD6.jpg

A7DyaGr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom