Mac OS High Sierra available from 25/9

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Cool. What’s that do then..... lol
Haha just syncs all your iMessage conversations seamlessly on every device you enable it. Can free up a fair bit of space on iOS devices (depending how big your chat history is). Mine go all the way back to 2008!

Soldato
Haha just syncs all your iMessage conversations seamlessly on every device you enable it. Can free up a fair bit of space on iOS devices (depending how big your chat history is). Mine go all the way back to 2008!

Ah I see I’m a boring old fart that hardly talks to anyone so doubt it will help me much...lol

Soldato
One of our guys at work requested a Mac and I set it up for him - we used to use Mac's at work in our editorial dept. and they were a nightmare - I'm talking late Mac OS and early OSX.

But High Sierra is quite nice. So much so I've just installed it as a VM and I'm playing around with it.

Associate
One of our guys at work requested a Mac and I set it up for him - we used to use Mac's at work in our editorial dept. and they were a nightmare - I'm talking late Mac OS and early OSX.

But High Sierra is quite nice. So much so I've just installed it as a VM and I'm playing around with it.
It is quite nice, but I find my usage with my mac to be fairly buggy. Wifi is my biggest gripe - for some reason if it gets disconnected from wifi, it gets fussy and wont reconnect. Its only the mac that does this too.

Soldato
It is quite nice, but I find my usage with my mac to be fairly buggy. Wifi is my biggest gripe - for some reason if it gets disconnected from wifi, it gets fussy and wont reconnect. Its only the mac that does this too.

That sounds like a faulty Mac I would say. If you have warranty/apple care get it booked in with them they're generally really good I have found.

Soldato
I've had frequent WiFi issues on my MBP, same for a couple of colleagues (on different networks). Things that helped us were unplugging USB-C devices, disabling IPv6 or just using a wired connection. None of those ought to be necessary of course but we're all developers so Macs are almost obligatory due to some of the tools we use otherwise I'd switch to Windows.

Back
Top Bottom