Mach Loop Eagles

Ace shot.
One question for you, there was a recent news article about photography of police/armed forces being potentially illegal. Does that mean that this type of shot should be against the law now?

just awesome, especially that first crop. suprised to see they had time to see you and react considering that they are probably passing at a fair lick.

Ace shot.
One question for you, there was a recent news article about photography of police/armed forces being potentially illegal. Does that mean that this type of shot should be against the law now?

If they can prove he is using them to aid terrorism, yes. Unfortunately! :(

just awesome, especially that first crop. suprised to see they had time to see you and react considering that they are probably passing at a fair lick.

Thankfully they came back more than once, 5 aircraft made a total of 27 passes in just under 30 minutes.

Illegal now.

Yes:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: "£$%^&*() granny state

They are bound to try it on with that new Law. (not sure what they'd make of the info on my HD, with contact details for pilots ? if they ever checked my computer )

They need to be fit though to climb up to where we are :) Ha!!!!!!

Illegal!
Soon it will be illegal to leave the house!
Me and mates are planning a trip to go see this next week, I doubt we're get any good pics like these tho, biggest lens between the 5 of us is 280mm, might get a couple keepers though :D
We're mostly used to rally photography so we might be able to get the panning right lol

Thankfully they came back more than once, 5 aircraft made a total of 27 passes in just under 30 minutes.

Illegal now.

Yes:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: "£$%^&*() granny state

They are bound to try it on with that new Law. (not sure what they'd make of the info on my HD, with contact details for pilots ? if they ever checked my computer )

They need to be fit though to climb up to where we are :) Ha!!!!!!

Fortunately, I don't think you have much to fear regarding the latest changes in the law with this type of shot!! :)

Of what use would it be to terrorists? That the Americans have lots of tooled up fighter aircraft? No **** sherlock.... :D

Cheers for all the comments guys, all the info if you want to try it is here on locations.

Cad West is the best place to start/first trip, all the shots there are as planes enter a narrow Pass.

http://www.warplane.co.uk/Wales.htm

Wedge, I use a Nikon 300mm F/2.8

My Camera settings (for winter)
Lens locked down to 2.8
shoot in AV mode
set Minimum shutter speed to 1000
Auto ISO 200- 800
If the Camera cant make the min 1000 shutter speed at 200ISO, it starts to move up the range in 1/3 stops to make the shot.

All the shots taken in the two links are at F/2.8.

Come and try it, its very very addictive.

Floyd, they are really moving, think of swinging a cricket bat, thats the speed your panning at :eek:

Wedge some of my best Aircraft shots from CadWest were taken with a Sigma 150 macro Prime lens.

Guys it is Very very cold there at this time of Year, you need good clothing.

May I'd say is the Best time for a tryout there, not quite as much chance of freezing to death, Weather for cast this week Wed-Fri is for Snow there, I'll be there :)

Pic taken with the Sigma 150mm macro prime lens, full frame shot, no cropping
These Planes Pass very, very close to you.

torn5.jpg

Would definitely love to come and have a go at this.. Looks like a fun day out watching them pass by if nothing else! I'l see if rg-Tom perhaps fancies a wonder down sometime :)

I live in Mid Wales, so always a chance someone could kip at my place...but I need a better lens b4 it happens as somehow the 18-55mm is not gonna result in anything decent!

Back
Top Bottom