Made it into the 2019 British Photography Awards shortlist!

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks again everyone!

Voted.

As an aside, I found a few images (4-5) really weren't what I consider to be "stand-out" enough to be short-listed, while others were breath-taking, so the judging will something interesting!!!

The drone ones really got my eyeballs moving! I have been given a high quality drone by a work colleague who is on long term sick and may actually never return. I think in his honour it would be the best choice to make use of it, being on the south coast and all and with free travel to the isle of wight to take some ambience filled scenic images with it!

Is it too late to submit a photo of you getting knocked out in your charity boxing match? I'd vote for that!

Voted.

Well that's not gonna happen.

Probably :D

Soldato
I was looking through these earlier. And that one definitely stood out in the wedding category. Voted.

I was unsuccessful in the macro category. 2 good ones in there. The rest are questionable.

Man of Honour
OP
@Buddy I entered the previous BPA but didn't cut it with the two images I submitted! I expected nothing this year too, so imagine my surprise when the email came through today! Unlucky this time round dude but enter again for the next one for sure!

In the Macro category, "Moon Moth" really stood out to me for its simplicity yet uniqueness.

Soldato
Not something I've looked at previously, I take it the photos have to be from that year?

Looking at some of those I realise some of mine could stand a chance of making it through.

Soldato
Th
What kind of photo is that? Let alone for a competition... People wasted and vomiting, really...

https://www.britishphotographyaward...May-2018/973b29a0-6df0-4f21-80a8-1122fe82d450
There are some terrible photos in that list, including a ridiculous photoshop of a dog on a beach. One of the wedding shots is a basic through the window, I've seen a billion times before.
I'm not a pro or a person even capable of getting on this list but I expected in such a small list from such a huge wealth of talent that some of those have been chosen.

Soldato
Th

There are some terrible photos in that list, including a ridiculous photoshop of a dog on a beach. One of the wedding shots is a basic through the window, I've seen a billion times before.
I'm not a pro or a person even capable of getting on this list but I expected in such a small list from such a huge wealth of talent that some of those have been chosen.

It depends how many actually enter, I'm always dubious of competitions where you have to pay to enter, they are doing it for the money not the art. You'll get some awful shots included in the choice because they don't want to discourage people from entering which they would if they were all great shots.

Personally, I'm a massive fan of captured moments such as @mrk's shot, even when I do my wedding photography these are the moments I am looking for. Anyone can do posed photos.

Man of Honour
Done :)

i kinda like joyous exit,
i imagen a part two to that picture in several years.. but with her holding up a joyous fist clench as she leaves the divorce court :p

Back
Top Bottom