Madeleine McCann cops ask Home Office for more money to continue search for missing child

Soldato
Ending a tumultuous case that’s ruining their credibility. Every time this story pops up the public are overwhelmingly against them and the government... in a time when that’s dangerous for them, that can’t continue.

How are they losing credibility due to this case? They can only follow whichever leads arise, many cases go on for years unsolved , it’s not something the police can do anything about which any sensible person would understand

I don’t see any evidence the public are ‘overwhelmingly’ against the police and the government because of this case, some people sure but some support the investigation and some don’t give a **** either way

Anyways , paedophile rings, stitching people up, masked men

Sounds like someone is watching too much Line of Duty

I guess ‘H’ is behind all this!

Associate
Unless a Pedo comes out and confesses I don't see how anything can be proved 12 years on. The evidence just isn't there.

Given that a Pedo A) Get more prison time and B) probably get off on the sadistic torture of families losing lost ones, that's beyond incredibly unlikely.

Caporegime
How are they losing credibility due to this case? They can only follow whichever leads arise, many cases go on for years unsolved , it’s not something the police can do anything about which any sensible person would understand

I don’t see any evidence the public are ‘overwhelmingly’ against the police and the government because of this case, some people sure but some support the investigation and some don’t give a **** either way

Anyways , paedophile rings, stitching people up, masked men

Sounds like someone is watching too much Line of Duty

I guess ‘H’ is behind all this!

There’s no way this case should have gone on this long with this level of exposure, that exposure has a price.

A price the pleb on the street pays.

Caporegime
One day. The Home Office're going to tell them that enough's enough and why should one kid take priority?
They have friends in high places allegedly... or formerly in high places. Gordon Brown, David Cameron... etc; understood to be either friends or friends-of-friends.

Also personal friends at the BBC.

As the saying goes, it's not what you know, or which children you accidentally kill and then cover up, it's who you know.

Caporegime
If they "did it" its been more than long enough now for them to have said "With heavy hearts we have decided to call off formal searches for Maddie" etc etc. And nobody would find it strange. So at this point, they have got away with it.

Which is why I no longer suspect them. Why make it so hard for yourselves.

Associate
Not really this took on a life of it's own and they had to stick with it after all the time, money and other resources that have gone into this they can't at any stage now say it's been too long or we've accepted she's gone the only thing that would make some people angrier then that is if evidence came out showing they killed her.

Caporegime
Why do you think this case is getting so much attention, as you said these cases and other serious crimes are probably happening all over yet this one gets extreme attention.

What's the root of it all?

* the mystery
* the 'cute kid/grieving mum & dad' factor
* the parents who refuse to give up

It's the perfect human interest story, with attributes that make it far more attractive than the usual.

Is this just a case of media wars jumping on an attractive story, young professional couple probably with some connections, they have a certain look about them, the papers know it will sell so they all jump on it and profit from it?

Yep.

Or what's the hidden agenda here?

What agenda would that be?

Man of Honour
OK, what was their motive, where's your evidence and how did they dispose of the body so well that the cops haven't found a trace of it in 12 years?

I suppose that you think that you’re clever don’t you?
Posing three reasonable questions like that.
Don’t come in here talking sense, it ain’t right I tell ya.

Soldato
I don’t think they did it. I do however think they’re withholding information which could well be incriminating.
They/he/she did something, be it hiding the truth and covering for someone or each other. I posted a link earlier in the thread, if you haven't already read it you should. Yes I can pick a few holes even in that but overall it's really incriminating.

Soldato
It's still all a bit suspect. When was the last time a missing persons case dragged on this long without a conclusion? Surely there should be at least something by now. People who go missing on purpose get found quicker than this.

Caporegime
It's still all a bit suspect. When was the last time a missing persons case dragged on this long without a conclusion?

The disappearance of Lucille Butterworth (vanished without trace 46 years ago). Australian detectives are still working on the case, and a fresh inquest was held 4 years ago.

The disappearance of Renee MacRae (vanished without trace 43 years ago). This is currently Britain's longest running missing persons case.

Back
Top Bottom