Mafia 3

Soldato
Ok looks like I’ll be trying this out then, going by a lot of steam reviews I thought it was pretty much unplayable
I played through this twice and didn't have any problems with it. My brother tried to play it on his PC that had a fast GPU but very slow CPU(AMD Athlon X4 860K) and it ran like **** though, so it could be quite CPU heavy.

Associate
Just fired it up and happy enough, a few frame rate drops but I’ve just noticed you can lock it to 60 so I’ll give it another play later on and see.
Also a lot of settings are greyed out is that the same for everyone or does it change depends if your fullscreen/ windowed

Soldato
Just fired it up and happy enough, a few frame rate drops but I’ve just noticed you can lock it to 60 so I’ll give it another play later on and see.
Also a lot of settings are greyed out is that the same for everyone or does it change depends if your fullscreen/ windowed
Not sure what you mean by greyed out settings but you can see my settings here

Also make sure to enable simulation driving mode

Associate
I see what’s happened, I adjusted my settings in the loader that comes up when you double click the desktop icon. I never seen the display settings in the pause menu.
Everything under v-sync in the loader is greyed out I cannot change any. Thanks for that.

Soldato
Few shots I took today. Love the sixties atmosphere.

360430_20190823001101e3kzu.png

360430_2019082300131143kwa.png

360430_20190823000736hok3b.png

360430_20190823000949hokzq.png

Soldato
Me too. The game was so, so and I rushed through it just to get it done. But it sure does look purdy enough for another go
I finished it twice because eventhough many of its missions are repetitive, the actual mechanics of driving, stealth and shooting are so god damn satisfying that I am itching to play it again. Just love driving through this city with these cars and soaking the atmosphere.

Also, watch Quarry everyone. Brilliant, brilliant TV series set in 1960s and about a veteran who comes home from Vietnam and gets involved with crime..

Soldato
The graphics looks great how come its gets such bad reviews?
If you are judging it on my screenshots, keep in mind that I took them in 2880x1600 downsampled to 1080p in max settings (although without any mods or reshades) - this is how I play the game since I have RTX card - and the game was patched a lot. On release the graphics was more buggy, there was 30fps cap and more bugs in general.

And so lot of people hated how buggy and ugly it looked, and that coupled with the somewhat repetitive mission structure meant bad reviews. But I am confident if the game as it is now, launched originally - with all the patches and DLCs - reviews would be much stronger.

Back
Top Bottom