Mafia 3

Permabanned
Hi, I've had this since launch but only got about 4 hours in over the launch week before I gave up in disgust, Now I have the game and season pass doing nothing and wanted to get some opinions on whether it is worth trying again yet, The biggest let down for me was the AI.

Watching this it seems to have had plenty of patches that have improved some aspects but I'd like to hear what you guys think. Cheers

Soldato
I have only put a few hours in this game, I just don't feel compelled to play it.
It is repetitive and buggy. A weird glitch was a truck falling from the sky and exploding which caused me to be wanted by the cops.

Dumb AI does not help either. A lot of potential wasted with this game :(

Permabanned
I have only put a few hours in this game, I just don't feel compelled to play it.
It is repetitive and buggy. A weird glitch was a truck falling from the sky and exploding which caused me to be wanted by the cops.

Dumb AI does not help either. A lot of potential wasted with this game :(

That's a shame, The AI is the one I was hoping had been fixed. Cheers :)

Associate
Ive had to lock it to 60fps for it to play. my system was trying to run it at 140 odd at the higbest settings but after 5 or 10 minutes of playing it would close. after locking it to 60 it has played for a few hours tonight. Not the best game but im fed up with GTA V and JC3 is more repetitive than this.

Soldato
Mafia 3 is not actually Mafia 3.

It is Farcry 2: 2.

The systemic stealth and action gameplay of taking over the map one by one reminds me so much of it. Of course it is third person, but still.

And I am quite enjoying it. It still runs badly when driving and there are some bugs and graphical glitches, but the driving, shooting and stealth are done very well.
And it looks quite beautiful and atmospheric when it wants to. The soft look, zero jagged edges and the faded picture produce really nice 60s atmosphere.

360430_20170218140432ilxit.png

360430_20170218002911uul4d.png

Soldato
This is sat on my hdd for a while and I've seen it update a fair few times. I thought I'd give it another go to finally complete it and uninstall it! But it is actually very playable now, performance has improved, the weird lighting is fixed and after the new Mass Effect, the characters are very well acted and their personalities come across well. I'm actually rather enjoying it! It still looks "muddy" but the art style is growing on me. If Mafia 3 is in your backlog, I'd promote it up a few positions and give it a go :)

Caporegime
Yup also decided to start it again now that it has been patched a bit.

Graphics are still a bit meh overall, some really nice looking areas and some horrible areas. Sky can look really bad at times and then look awesome at times....

Performance is a bit better for me but still very poor compared to other better looking open world games.

Gameplay wise, rather boring but once you get a bit further in and more established and unite Vito etc. to take down the main bad guy, the game play opens up slightly as you get more upgrades, features unlocked etc.

Soldato
Has this game sorted itself out yet? Was going to get it as the deluxe version is on sale now for £9.99
I finished it twice and look forward to third playthrough. It has flaws, but the core gameplay as well as the atmosphere of the sixties and writing are pretty much perfect. I went to see the new Tarantino movie set in LA 1969 and while watching it was thinking how I want to play Mafia 3 again because I love this time period and how they captured it. And then Tarantino puts my favourite song from Mafia 3 into the ending climactic scene of the film! :D

The DLCs are awesome too, one even deals with a cult investigation, kinda reminiscent of the Manson family stuff..

Back
Top Bottom