Mafia Trilogy Remaster

Associate
This is coming out soon!

Check out the screenshots on the Microsoft Store of Mafia 1 Remake. If you're familiar with the game (and I'm the world's biggest Mafia fan) then you'll know this is lightyears better than the original!

Although it looks like a couple of shots are of Vito, so perhaps they're all being redone in one engine?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/mafia-definitive-edition/9nzc09nnr93l

I'm so excited!

the link is dead now has something changed?, I read another article that mafia 2 remastered was being released next week? the others later in the year?
EDIT nevermind its working again :D

Soldato
the link is dead now has something changed?, I read another article that mafia 2 remastered was being released next week? the others later in the year?
EDIT nevermind its working again :D

mafia 2 will be released May 19th after the trailer for 2 and teaser trailer for mafia 1. The trailers have been leaked with the mafia 2 trailer showing “out now” at the end of the video.

Caporegime
I probably left it too late to get into the first but I liked the second game a lot; in fact, I seem to recall I was pretty hooked playing until I completed it. Not played the third.

Soldato
Some excellent memories of the first game, always wary when they remake stuff but worst case scenario is that I don't play it and keep the memories.

EDIT: I actually had to check my Steam library to see if I played Mafia II, I did but really don't remember it

Associate
I thought it was just a graphics enhancement for Mafia 1! I've been waiting forever for a remake and in my opinion, hands down the best in the series and one of my favourite games of all time. It had a great story and felt like a movie.

Associate
so the great news about the announcement was that if you already own mafia 2 or 3 you get updated to the definitive edition in steam. You still need to purchase mafia 1 definitive edition when it releases in august though.

EDIT I didn't have mafia 3 so just bought a key(€5) for the standard mafia 3 and it got upgraded to definitive with all DLC.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well in my library i have now mafia 2 "classic", going to the store page says you need to buy mafia 2 def edition which is 24.99. So it doesnt auto upgrade you to the def editions for free it seems. As this is what it says on store page for me.

Mafia II (Classic) is already in your Steam library

Also it says for a limited time, if you buy the def edition you get classic for free.

Seems only the crap mafia 3 game lets people have the def edition for the free upgrade without buying it again. Which tbh i have no interest in as its not a mafia game, seems more of a poor mans gta clone with a lot of it being repetitive gameplay.

Nvm - close and reopen steam and theres a new download waiting for mafia 2 so i guess u do get it. 1.9gb download, hmm surely the def edition is bigger than that, i heard 35gb install tho classic is already installed. Maybe the update is just to convert it in ur library for now and another dl will want to be installed.

Edit - so yeah after the 1.9 gb patch it still didnt show def edition in library so i closed steam and reopened and now theres a new entry under classic saying def edition that isnt installed so gona install that now. :)

Yey free game, and one of my favs, imo best in the series, as i couldnt play 1 very well cos of the issues with widescreen and the hud stretching and launching issues in win 10 and u cant run it with AA or it wont launch etc. I do want to try the remake tho and im sure id love it then. I know most issues can be fixed with mods for m1 but i didnt wana mess about with all that. I did play years ago and got far and probs near the end tho, i remmeber the race track and a bit after that. Wasnt too bad but dated.

Installing now, says 44gig space needed, original maf 2 was only under 8gig install. Wonder if its just big cinematic files in hd or more thats updated. Excited..

Last edited:
Associate
Well in my library i have now mafia 2 "classic", going to the store page says you need to buy mafia 2 def edition which is 24.99. So it doesnt auto upgrade you to the def editions for free it seems. As this is what it says on store page for me.

Mafia II (Classic) is already in your Steam library

Also it says for a limited time, if you buy the def edition you get classic for free.

Seems only the crap mafia 3 game lets people have the def edition for the free upgrade without buying it again. Which tbh i have no interest in as its not a mafia game, seems more of a poor mans gta clone with a lot of it being repetitive gameplay.

Nvm - close and reopen steam and theres a new download waiting for mafia 2 so i guess u do get it. 1.9gb download, hmm surely the def edition is bigger than that, i heard 35gb install tho classic is already installed. Maybe the update is just to convert it in ur library for now and another dl will want to be installed.

Edit - so yeah after the 1.9 gb patch it still didnt show def edition in library so i closed steam and reopened and now theres a new entry under classic saying def edition that isnt installed so gona install that now. :)

Yey free game, and one of my favs, imo best in the series, as i couldnt play 1 very well cos of the issues with widescreen and the hud stretching and launching issues in win 10 and u cant run it with AA or it wont launch etc. I do want to try the remake tho and im sure id love it then. I know most issues can be fixed with mods for m1 but i didnt wana mess about with all that. I did play years ago and got far and probs near the end tho, i remmeber the race track and a bit after that. Wasnt too bad but dated.

Unistall the classic lol, just downloading game now 34.93GB. Glad I waited now to play this instead of the classic.

Soldato
Not sure if the definitive is an improvement. Vito looks crosseyed from time to time and there is more pop-in on trees it seems. Joe looks weird too.

Look at this doofus (remaster is on the left):

remaster5jku0.png

Soldato
Got it added to my library. Just cba downloading it right now given how hooked I am on Division 2. It’ll be interesting to see what the comparisons are like because that is a massive increase in install size.

Back
Top Bottom