1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magni 3

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by davidmt83, Oct 20, 2017.

1. davidmt83

Hitman

Just a heads up to say the Magni 3 is back in stock over at Schiit EU (been a couple of weeks since initial stock depleted) if you've been patiently waiting on it :D

2. rids57

Soldato

annoyingly I noticed 5 minutes after spending £60 on Amazon - I'm in no rush, I'll probably end up getting Magni 3, Modi 2 Uber and Loki.

I might just hang fire and see if they release a Modi 3 to go with the Magni - they may as well as the standard modi 2 and uber now both use the same AKM4490 DAC chip

3. davidmt83

Hitman

The impression I got from Jason in his latest chapter was that this wasn't looking to be soon, have a read (if you've not already of course :D)

I'm pleased the chassis on the non-uber edition has been upgraded to 'brushed aluminium' so there's no need for me to spend £40 just for the sake of matching them colour wise for the stack. £80 saved and a new model of amp, result! Plus the new incoming HD660 S, all due early next week :D

4. rids57

Soldato

I enjoy reading those blog posts, he manages to make them entertaining and informative.

I will be getting the Magni 3 and Loki, the DAC is yet to be decided between Modi 2 Uber, Modi Multibit, SMSL M8A and ifi iOne. I currently have a version one Modi and a Magni 2, so no real rush for anything.

5. davidmt83

Hitman

Nice! Did you ever get round to getting those metal IEMs?

6. benjii

Mobster

Is the Magni 3 the successor to the Magni 2 Uber? As the latter seems to have vanished off of their site.

7. davidmt83

Hitman

Give this a read.

8. rids57

Soldato

No, I read the reviews as they were coming in and they turned out to be treble canons

9. benjii

Mobster

Thanks!

10. Hedge

Capodecina

I was tempted by one of these , luckily they have sold out again and saved me the impulse.

Ive also been tempted by the oppo ha2 SE for £250 at richer.

11. rids57

Soldato

Same here, I was about ready to buy and they sold out again :D

12. rids57

Soldato

Dammit, no Magni 3 or Loki, so I ended up buying a Modi Multibit instead :D

13. nicknack35

Wise Guy

Sold out after just 3 days been in stock jesus. Think Schiit need to sort there Schiit out and stock more 3 days ain't long to run out very poor if you ask me

14. rids57

Soldato

I think it's the sheer volume of orders, they even ran out of stock on the US site at one point

15. davidmt83

Hitman

Get real. This is a brand new product with demand high in many countries. They have a production line which can produce x units which are then split up and distributed to authorised dealers globally. Nothing is poor about their supply and demand; we all could wish for mega factories producing 10 million units a second but you wouldn't be paying such competitively low prices if this was the case. Furthermore if you feel £110 for this amp is "very poor" then i'd suggest you move along. It couldn't be further from poor.

16. PapaLazaru

Capodecina

Surprised they have not put the price up to be honest. Supply and demand and all that, they need applauding really.

17. rids57

Soldato

I'm not too fussed, I'll just pick one up when the next stock arrives and a Loki a month later. :)

18. Evian

Wise Guy

Was really thinking about getting a Schiit stack, I have a sound blaster z atm, I don't really use it's features... Is a schiit stack much better? I have AKG K712's.

19. Marsman

Sgarrista

He's referring to them not producing enough units and running out of stock so quickly, as being very poor. Nothing about his post indicates to me that he is saying the Magni 3 for £110, is poor.

But you're right; Schiit are not a large company, and can't churn units out like Sony or Samsung can to meet demands with their large factories. As of 2016, they had about 16 employees I think.

20. rids57

Soldato

Their little elves must be going like the clappers at the moment, they seem to have two big sellers on their hands at the same time as Loki is out of stock too