Making The Bed

Soldato
I wouldn't dare make the bed, taking away a woman's job like that would make her feel undermined and as if she couldn't do it herself, I'm all for equality.

Like emptying the bin, the dishwasher, the vacuuming, the mowing, and all the DIY, changing the bed has become a job I do solely for the past 2 years.

If I don't do it, it doesn't get done :(

Soldato
So, random thought came into my head last night. My partner and I obviously (!) grew up with different parents/homes etc so we make up a bed differently. So wondered how other people do

1) Mattress - Blanket - Sheet
2) Mattress - Bed Protector - Sheet
3) Mattress - Sheet
4) Mattress only (you animal!!)
5) Something else (do share!)

No judgements (unless Option 4!) - couldnt see a Poll option here :(

Do you not have a duvet?

Soldato
Mattress > anti-allergy protector > fitted sheet.

Although i'm intrigued what the reasoning is around double-sheeting and what it offers/does?

mattress -> zip up dust mite case -> fitted sheet
pillow -> zip up dust mite case -> pillow case
duvet -> zip up dust mite case -> duvet cover
Have you got any recommendations for dust mite zip-up cases?

Soldato
Remember though, the best way to avoid mites and bugs is to leave your bed unmade.

They love a well made bed where they can avoid light and fresh air while they chow down on your dead skin.

Associate
OP
Hold up. How does this even work? Why would you do this? :confused:

Also option 2

You have a duvet or sheet+blanket on top of course... the blanket is just like a mattress protector function....

And given it was how my mum did it (and dad) and a large boarding school of 400+ boys I suspect its not as weird as you suggest ;)

Soldato
You have a duvet or sheet+blanket on top of course... the blanket is just like a mattress protector function....

And given it was how my mum did it (and dad) and a large boarding school of 400+ boys I suspect its not as weird as you suggest ;)
Sounds like you group in a weird part of the country. :D :p

When I was a young man, my father and I made my bed from scratch. We used pine planks, sanded and varnished attached to a frame we made. We then bought a mattress and placed it on top. I also helped him build his and my Mum's double bed in a similar way. I had that bed for years until I left home and moved in with my then partner. The plans came from a Reader's Digest DIY manual.

Back
Top Bottom