Making The Bed

Soldato
dust mite allergy, so:

mattress -> zip up dust mite case -> fitted sheet
pillow -> zip up dust mite case -> pillow case
duvet -> zip up dust mite case -> duvet cover

don't need a protector coz I don't pee the bed or have periods, not sure why that's even a question.

toppers are for peasants who can't afford good mattresses.

I wash bedding weekly at 60c to kill dust mites, so it gets worn out and replaced quite a lot.

You still sweat though (unless you're Prince Andrew) which would potentially leak through onto the mattress. Dribble is the other one - if you roll off the pillow and head is directly on the mattress.

You have a duvet or sheet+blanket on top of course... the blanket is just like a mattress protector function....

And given it was how my mum did it (and dad) and a large boarding school of 400+ boys I suspect its not as weird as you suggest ;)

Must be one massive blanket, all the ones we have only cover maybe half the bed.

I use a fitted sheet... Still confuses me on how to fold them properly after washing/drying though :o

I'm sure these things were made to be unfoldable - especially if they have elastic on the edge. It's just not physically possible to make a square with them.

Soldato
People underestimate the health benefits of sleep and choosing the right bed and mattress. I swear by this one.

Screenshot-2024-03-14-05-49-17-68-99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Associate
Mattress
Mattress protector
Fitted sheet
over sheet
Duvet

Sleep between fitted sheet and over sheet. i find that way you can get away without changing the duvet cover a lot longer, and just wash the two sheets.

Love the discussion about how to fold the fitted sheets, I haven't a clue, I fold them a few times in such a way that the funny corner bits are hidden, but still ends up as a mess I'm not happy with. Thought it was just me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom