Man city escape ban! Or did they? [Update 6/2/23]

Soldato
OP
….Yeah.....2nd time they've escaped a ban. Still under investigation for 4 or 5 different transfer rule breeches.....Will they ever get a ban? Doubt it. wont make a difference anyway as they've spend so much on a squad that you would have to ban them for 2-3 seasons to make a dent.
That's what I find unfair to the clubs that have been banned so far, this isn't city first failure yet still escape a ban

Soldato
OP
City have done it twice so need banning, it's a multiple offence like Chelsea wether one is 100 or one is 2 times a ban is fair.

Tbh dock points as well imo that's more damaging than a fine

Soldato
OP
What's a pathetic fine going to do to a club like city? Nothing they can pay that amount likes it pocket money.

So could we, and any club in the premier league.

I honestly think the fines do jack to actually put clubs off from breaking financial fair play. Docking points is more likely to cause them issues.

Do it in the domestic league or whatever league the club is in, makes it harder for them then and missing champions league places will also hurt some clubs or just ban the club from Europe if eligible again this would be a much bigger deterrent than a fine

Soldato
OP
Happy news imo, it's a decent punishment and much better than just a small fine.

I'd still say docking points would also work but this is much better than there initial pocket money fine

Soldato
OP
They should get a ban if they broke a rule but the rule is beyond retarded. If they have the funds they should be able to spend it as they see fit. As long as they cannot leave a club in financial trouble if they want to spend 1 billion pounds on Messi they should be able to. All the current rules do is try to maintain the status quo and not allow anyone else to break in. Now though Liverpool fans have a massive interest in this all of a sudden and have become bitter and care about where the money comes from. Self interest, if you can kick them down you can maintain your top spot under the pretence of human rights.

If we care about actual fair play set a spending limit on all clubs equally for the season. Lets not kid ourselves this is about fair play.
You lost me at all liverpool fans, many fans of different clubs feel the same about city spending and other clubs that have done similar

Soldato
OP
The fine is another joke, said it for years the fines they had out are pathetic it's pocket change to big clubs.

UEFA barely had any respect from any one but this is another nail in there coffin for how useless they are.

should have had enough information to ensure CAS couldn't of over turned anything.

Soldato
OP
Stefan Borson, a football financial expert who has written for various media publications, is stating that this is super serious and if it sticks (which it very likely will) it would almost certainly lead to relegation
Wouldnt be relegated, maybe titles stripped like juve had and points deduction for current season at most I bet

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Why not? They have over 100 charges against them. The only reason the FA would be wary of relegating them is that it would give the super league a boost as City would see it as a possible route straight back to the top.
They would be instantly back up anyway so isn't much of a punishment and it's unfair on the smaller clubs in championship.

Stripping em of titles, points deduction would do more damage to there reputation I think.

Least a transfer ban too for 2 seasons minimum

Soldato
OP
So according to what I read City wouldn't be able to go to CAS who turned over there ban before, if its true then that's good.

I suppose city will still find a way to fight it

Back
Top Bottom